Archived Topic

USA ONE - england one.

by CougarClaw · 6/12/2010

Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
The first thought that came to mind after Green let that easy shot practically roll in, is that is like something I would have done and then I thought of Andres Escobar. The infamous defender for Colombia who was shot and killed after causing a 'same goal' in the 94 world cup.



I hope England's goalie can recover from this and come back and play.



One interesting thing I read is that England's players are superior to the US in every position but goal keeper. And that's the position that mattered today.



A 1-1 tie against a legitmatie contender to win the entire cup is a great victory. Both sides had a few other decent chances and hopefully we can both make it out of the group. I think I would have preferred a more convincing win, but this one will do. =)
S
SpiffCoug
Probably a fair result. We had one goal that probably shouldn't have, and didn't have a goal that probably should have (Jozy's shot bounced off the post - could have easily gone in). I"ll take the tie. The good thing is we didn't lose. So now, we just need to go out and take care of business. We don't need any help. Two more games. If we get two wins we're through.



I thought we played pretty well. Although we did look nervous to start the game.
S
Schmoe
If anyone feels worse than England's keeper right now, it's the Serbian who knocked that completely unnecessary hand ball, ouch!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.