Archived Topic

Sporting News top 100 list

by scott715 · 6/7/2010

Advertisement
L
Lawboy
I'd put us at about #35 due to the uncertainty at QB.
S
SpiffCoug
Probably a fair rating. If we finish in the top 25, I'll be very satisfied.
M
Mars


Washington #25, BYU #45.

Really.



Here's another list I think we can throw out after Game #1 is played.
S
scott715
I like that only one team is triple digit however it was UNLV instead of NM. I don't understand that one. UNLV was 5-7 and will be fighting for a bowl game. I expect good things out of their new coach but he might need another year or two with recruits.
Advertisement
S
scott715
They have as current or potentials conference teams

BSU 3

TCU 6

Utah 22

Houston 26

Kansas 31

Missouit 33

AF 42

BYU 45

Nevada 53

Tulsa 55

SMU 67

CSU 80

Fresno St 81

Iowa St 82

Kansas st 85

Wy 88

SDSU 91

NM 96
P
PurpleReign
Mars wrote:


Washington #25, BYU #45.

Really.



Here's another list I think we can throw out after Game #1 is played.




Based on our schedule, I think we go 7-5 or 8-4 this year and end our annoying bowl drought.





Probably end up something like this:



Sept. 4 at BYU - Win

Sept. 11 SYRACUSE - WIn

Sept. 18 NEBRASKA - Loss

Oct. 2 at USC - Loss

Oct. 9 ARIZONA STATE - Win

Oct. 16 OREGON STATE - Win

Oct. 23 at Arizona - Win

Oct. 30 STANFORD - Win

Nov. 6 at Oregon - Loss

Nov. 13 UCLA - WIn

Nov. 27 at California - Loss

Dec. 4 at Washington State - Win
B
BigCougsFan
PurpleReign wrote:


Washington #25, BYU #45.

Really.



Here's another list I think we can throw out after Game #1 is played.




Based on our schedule, I think we go 7-5 or 8-4 this year and end our annoying bowl drought.





Probably end up something like this:



Sept. 4 at BYU - Win

Sept. 11 SYRACUSE - WIn

Sept. 18 NEBRASKA - Loss

Oct. 2 at USC - Loss

Oct. 9 ARIZONA STATE - Win

Oct. 16 OREGON STATE - Win

Oct. 23 at Arizona - Win

Oct. 30 STANFORD - Win

Nov. 6 at Oregon - Loss

Nov. 13 UCLA - WIn

Nov. 27 at California - Loss

Dec. 4 at Washington State - Win


No comment on your thoughts of a win against BYU, cause I know what we're capable of, even if we are reloading on offense.



BUT...



I don't see you guys beating Oregon St. either. I know they're replacing a QB and all, which doesn't have any meaning to me. Even your experience Locker can't do anything but run circles around D-linemen.



That's what kills me about Huskies and his Heisman talk. Watching him last year... He can't hit a broad side of a barn AND if he got lucky... All his recievers must of ate popcorn loaded with butter just before the game. Only good thing Washington has going against BYU is Locker's running game AND that has no merit against Jordan Pendelton and Co.
M
Mars


My outlook for Washington (no offense, I like your squad):



Sept. 4 at BYU - Loss

Sept. 11 SYRACUSE - Win

Sept. 18 NEBRASKA - Loss

Oct. 2 at USC - Loss

Oct. 9 ARIZONA STATE - Win

Oct. 16 OREGON STATE - Loss

Oct. 23 at Arizona - Loss

Oct. 30 STANFORD - Loss

Nov. 6 at Oregon - Loss

Nov. 13 UCLA - Win

Nov. 27 at California - Loss

Dec. 4 at Washington State - Win



Obviously some games like BYU and Arizona could go the other way very easily. Washington is one of those teams that is very hard to predict right now.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.