Archived Topic

BYU Women's Gymnastics- Conference?

by Mars · 6/3/2010

Advertisement
M
Mars


I was asked the question, "If Boise State joins the MWC, in what conference will the Broncos Women's Gymastics team (etc.) play?"



So... in what conference does BYU's women's gym squad play?...



As far as I can tell, we don't play in any conference, none at all. We competed in the WAC before leaving it, and before that we competed in the HCAC. http://utahutes.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/utah/sports/w-gym/auto_pdf/09-gym-section6



If BSU joined, would that make enough women's gym teams in the MWC to become a conference sport? I know Utah has a team, but have no clue about the other 7 schools. I don't even know how many teams it takes to make it an official conference sport.



Would BSU have to go indy in women's gym, or could they stay in the WAC? Or is there another conference they could join for that one sport only.



I assume their men's wrestling team would stay in the PAC-10. Anyone know if that's correct? I think Wyoming and Air Force have wrestling programs in some minor conference.



Are there any other sports they have that would be affected in this manner?
S
SpiffCoug
IIRC, men's volleyball doesn't play in the MWC. It plays in the mountain sports. or something like that.
S
scott715
The softball league has only 6 teams in it.
M
Mars
scott715 wrote:
The softball league has only 6 teams in it.

Really? Thanks for the info!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.