Good article. I've noticed that most hometown/team media outlets speak very favorably of mission service when writing about LDS rookies (funny how it's an admirable thing when it's not being used by bigoted coaches and journalists as a poor excuse for BYU's dominance...). Makes sense though, you're catering to a fans that are already yours, so you want to make all of your players look their best. And the concept of a player completely abandoning his "dream" for two whole years in his prime is so intriguing to most people, the story practically writes itself. Still, I'm excited when I see positive press about missions in our church.
The religiousity aside, I'm psyched for Pitta to show his stuff. I could see him being in a very similar situation as Austin. Granted, Austin got his foot in the door due to injuries - but the rest he did on his own, and I'd never wish injury on someone even for the advancement of a former Cougar (but if it DID happen, I'd not shed too many tears), but I could really see Dennis ending up an integral part of the offense by the end of the season.
I'm excited he's in our neck of the woods too. I'm just west of DC, but can't stand the Skins. Glad Baltimore's beginning to turn into former-Coug central!