Archived Topic

When the DEATH PENALTY just isn't enough

by Y 4 Ever · 5/13/2010

Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
I'm sure you've all who're here in Utah have been following the Ethan Stacy story.



If you've not heard of it, read this article (and have a box of tissue handy) http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700031731/Affidavit-reveals-disturbing-details-of-Ethan-Stacys-last-days.html



Normally, I'm a supporter of the Death Penalty. But in a case like this, I'm not sure it's enough. For EITHER of these two hellish demons. The MOTHER is equally responsible, and just as deserving of swift and vicious punishment.



Other than slowly roasting these two cretins over hot coals, letting their lives slowly simmer away over a week or so, the only other just punishment I can even remotely think of is this: Sentence them to the death penalty...but don't give them a date.



Let them rot in prison for years and years and years, knowing that one day, the guards will show up and haul them off to the gallows - but never knowing WHEN. There could even be some "false alarms" - guards haul them off, put the noose around their necks...and let them stand there, wondering if/when the floor will drop.



And then, take them and throw them back in the general population for the guards to continue to ignore what the other inmates do to them.



I can't even begin to imagine what the father is going through - and this case MAGNIFIES what is wrong with the custody/visitation system in this country.



May these two heinous demons burn in hell forever.
L
Lawboy
Repeated use of a broomstick handle in prison on these 2 is a start. And by repeated, I mean multiple times daily. To do that to a 4 year old is just sick.
A
ABYUFAN
Nothing in this world can match the horror that they did to this poor boy, so why should one choose to become a monster to punish these monsters? Let the legal process take its course and the ultimate judgment on these folks be sorted out in the eternities....
S
SpiffCoug
I don't think the death penalty is us becoming monsters. Torturing them beforehand would make us so. Simply removing them from this world does not. Their punishment should be swift. The death penalty is legal and should be used when required. I fully believe it is in this case.
A
ABYUFAN
kitic77 wrote:
I don't think the death penalty is us becoming monsters. Torturing them beforehand would make us so. Simply removing them from this world does not. Their punishment should be swift. The death penalty is legal and should be used when required. I fully believe it is in this case.


I agree 100% and could have been more clear on that point. Death penalty is fine with me. Thinking of ways to have them suffer beforehand is not kosher.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
ABYUFAN wrote:
I don't think the death penalty is us becoming monsters. Torturing them beforehand would make us so. Simply removing them from this world does not. Their punishment should be swift. The death penalty is legal and should be used when required. I fully believe it is in this case.


I agree 100% and could have been more clear on that point. Death penalty is fine with me. Thinking of ways to have them suffer beforehand is not kosher.


Yep. It truly makes you wonder how people who are able to performs acts such as these think. What has happened in your life that has made you think such action is okay? What have you done where you have no feelings for a fellow human being?
G
Guest
ABYUFAN wrote:
I don't think the death penalty is us becoming monsters. Torturing them beforehand would make us so. Simply removing them from this world does not. Their punishment should be swift. The death penalty is legal and should be used when required. I fully believe it is in this case.


I agree 100% and could have been more clear on that point. Death penalty is fine with me. Thinking of ways to have them suffer beforehand is not kosher.


Agreed, lets seek the death penalty, deliver it swiftly, and let the true punishment start.
S
SpiffCoug
And by swift punishment, I'm talking within weeks of the verdict and sentencing being announced.
I
Italics
33311710 wrote:
I'm sure you've all who're here in Utah have been following the Ethan Stacy story.



If you've not heard of it, read this article (and have a box of tissue handy) http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700031731/Affidavit-reveals-disturbing-details-of-Ethan-Stacys-last-days.html



Normally, I'm a supporter of the Death Penalty. But in a case like this, I'm not sure it's enough. For EITHER of these two hellish demons. The MOTHER is equally responsible, and just as deserving of swift and vicious punishment.



Other than slowly roasting these two cretins over hot coals, letting their lives slowly simmer away over a week or so, the only other just punishment I can even remotely think of is this: Sentence them to the death penalty...but don't give them a date.



Let them rot in prison for years and years and years, knowing that one day, the guards will show up and haul them off to the gallows - but never knowing WHEN. There could even be some "false alarms" - guards haul them off, put the noose around their necks...and let them stand there, wondering if/when the floor will drop.



And then, take them and throw them back in the general population for the guards to continue to ignore what the other inmates do to them.



I can't even begin to imagine what the father is going through - and this case MAGNIFIES what is wrong with the custody/visitation system in this country.



May these two heinous demons burn in hell forever.


You mean you DON'T want your tax $$$ going towards paying for all the recreational activities they offer criminals in jail? What up with that?
C
CougarClaw
I'm a believer in the death penalty, but allowing torture is another line entirely. The number of people convicted and then released based on new evidence in our country shows the staggering impossibility of convicting the the right perpetrators. I wonder how the board would feel after these two individuals were tortured for 20 years only to learn it was the neighbors who killed the 4 year old.



I think violence against a four year old would anger anyone, especially those close to the boy but let justice run its course.
Advertisement
U
urroner
CougarClaw wrote:
I think violence against a four year old would anger anyone, especially those close to the boy but let justice run its course.


According to my oldest son, who has been in and out of the big house several times, these fine people will find a lot of justice in jail and especially in prison.



I know a young man who molested a seven y/o when he was 18 and he's been in prison for two years and he can not be allowed to mingle with the general population because they might kill him. There are two types of people whom people in jail and prison truly detest, people who abuse little children and people who abuse the elderly.
C
CougarClaw
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_15104845?source=most_viewed



As bad as the original story was, this couple molested their 16 year old son repeatedly.



The four year old endured beatings and had a terrible, short life. This poor guy will have a lifetime of therapy and issues to get over and will very likely remember everything for his entire life. There's a part of me who thinks this couple should be punished more than the first, since the 16 year old will be scarred for life. the child gets to rest in piece.



I suppose I shouldn't be comparing two heinous crimes for fear to be appearing to condone either one. Still, this is a wacked out world we live in.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.