gmj81 wrote:
Mars brings up a good point. Sometimes a school gets turned on to one player and offers before they even become aware of another player. It's possible BYU offered Aiono before they even knew about Luatua and potentially only wanting to sign one guard this class, want to honor their offer to Aiono before they offer Luatua and say "first come first serve".
I disagree with this approach, and I think Bronco has made it known that the kids who commit first get the schollies. As I recall, Ricky Heimuli lost out for that reason. If BYU wants him, and thinks he will commit now, they will offer him, and if another kid loses out due to looking around, that is not BYU's problem. First Come, First Served is exactly the approach BYU is taking, because they read first come to mean totally committed, and I agree with that.