Archived Topic

Facebook news networks -- 600k in Boston without fresh water

by CougarClaw · 5/3/2010

Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
So i have a friend in Boston who reported a local water pipe burst and everyone water had to be piped in through an older aquaduct that is not bacteria free. 600,000 are now boiling water everyday until they get this pipe fixed. Anyone else heard about water issues in Boston?



What's surprising to me is with all the news i read, i hadn't heard a thing about this until a facebook network told me. There's this, and the fact that I learned about Harvey Unga's departure first from a facebook status, the recent mini earthquake in Southern California from facebook and a few other things.



anyone else finding facebook a rising news source?
K
kiwibacon
CougarClaw wrote:

anyone else finding facebook a rising news source?


I do find out about a lot of things from Facebook these days. The accuracy is about as good as the source. Naturally if it is from my friends list it is normally pretty reliable enough for me...if you are referencing someone reporting something and you don't know the person then it becomes just like any social media rumor until others can report the same thing.



Yes, there is information sometimes on FB but I don't think it will ever be a full fledged "news source" as the "source/reporter" is not a constant.
M
Mars
CougarClaw wrote:
finally found it being reported. These guys are saying 2 million without water. That's a big pipe.

I assume that's 600k people, 1.4mm rats. We talkin' Bahstun hee-yah!
U
urroner
Mars wrote:
finally found it being reported. These guys are saying 2 million without water. That's a big pipe.

I assume that's 600k people, 1.4mm rats. We talkin' Bahstun hee-yah!


I know a 6,000K man.



http://www.gualbertojunior.blogger.com.br/1657_0020.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
U
urroner
Then there is Mars, the .00025K man.



http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/Mac2311/scared-of-foul-balls.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CougarClaw
urroner wrote:
Then there is Mars, the .00025K man.



http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/Mac2311/scared-of-foul-balls.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


where or where do you find these pictures...



Mars is so....beautiful. :lol: :lol:
U
urroner
CougarClaw wrote:
Then there is Mars, the .00025K man.



http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/Mac2311/scared-of-foul-balls.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


where or where do you find these pictures...



Mars is so....beautiful. :lol: :lol:


I go to google image searcher, http://www.google.com/imghp , and in this case, I typed in "wuss" and voila, a true to life image of Mars.
C
CougarClaw
urroner wrote:
urroner wrote:
Then there is Mars, the .00025K man.



http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/Mac2311/scared-of-foul-balls.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


where or where do you find these pictures...



Mars is so....beautiful. :lol: :lol:


I go to google image searcher, http://www.google.com/imghp , and in this case, I typed in "wuss" and voila, a true to life image of Mars.




I'm glad you didn't type in "tight Yankee Buns" makes me feel better.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.