Archived Topic

Drew Philips state track championships

by craigoscarson · 5/1/2010

Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
The 400 meter is a final and Drew is the state champion; the 100 and 200 finals are today. He blew away the 2nd place guy in the 400 final and ran a 10.9 in the 100 semis. (that's an insanely fast 400)

It's doubtful he wins the state championship in the 100 the Keenan Brock kid is the returning state champion, but 10.9 would win a lot of state championships.



Boys 400 Meter Dash 5A

===================================================================================

State Record: R 46.58 5/2002 Arthur Davis, Williamson

Name Year School Seed Finals H# Points

===================================================================================

Finals

1 Phillips, Drew Boaz 48.88 48.58 3 10

2 Washington, Brandon LeFlore 50.62 50.07 3 8

3 Ardis, Jamel Parker 50.71 50.40 3 6

4 Oneal, Marqueze Erwin 50.14 50.87 3 5

5 Langley, Collin Boaz 52.25 52.00 1 4

6 James, Carlos Academy 51.42 52.04 2 3

7 Moore, Leroy Parker 51.42 52.14 3 2

8 Jackson, Tyler uscle Shoals 51.87 52.34 2 1

9 Mayo, Elijah Fairfield 51.73 52.35 2









Boys 200 Meter Dash 5A

=================================================================================

State Record: R 21.35 5/1985 Jack Williams, Gardendale

Name Year School Seed Prelims Wind H#

=================================================================================

1 Brock, Keenan Carver-Birmingha 21.55 21.66q 2.1 3

2 Speight, Aaron John Carroll 22.35 22.08q 1.6 1

3 Greenwood, Jammie Carrol 22.61 22.33q 0.1 2

4 Bailey, Sedale Athens 22.45 22.35q 1.6 1

5 Phillips, Drew Boaz 22.34 22.39q 0.1 2

6 Henry, Dalen Madison County 23.36 22.74q 1.6 1

7 James, Carlos Faith Academy 23.33 22.81q 0.1 2





Boys 100 Meter Dash 5A

=================================================================================

State Record: R 10.53 5/1994 Derano Wilson, Smiths Station

Name Year School Seed Prelims Wind H#

=================================================================================

Preliminaries

1 Brock, Keenan Carver-Birmingha 10.66 10.38q 2.5 3

2 Speight, Aaron John Carroll 11.01 10.76q 2.0 2

3 Greenwood, Jammie Carrol 11.11 10.86q 2.0 2

4 Phillips, Drew Boaz 11.05 10.90q 3.8 1

5 Bailey, Sedale Athens 11.27 10.90q 3.8 1

6 McGrue, Mike Pleasant Grove 11.09 10.94q 3.8 1
K
kiwibacon
Now I really like Drew Phillips. I ran 48.8 in the 400 in High School. I never ran in College because I just lost interest after my mission.
P
ProV1
kiwibacon wrote:
I just lost interest after my mission.

I was fatter and slower too. ;)
D
Ddawg
kiwibacon wrote:
Now I really like Drew Phillips. I ran 48.8 in the 400 in High School. I never ran in College because I just lost interest after my mission.


Geez Kiwi - you were a Stud!!! I ran the hurdles in High School. I could never run a time like you. Seriously - you were a real athlete!!!



I hope they give Drew a try @ the Slot receiver spot - even the WR. This kid has real potential!! Let's go!

8)
C
craigoscarson
kiwibacon wrote:
Now I really like Drew Phillips. I ran 48.8 in the 400 in High School. I never ran in College because I just lost interest after my mission.


Looks like he actually ran a 48.58 40 and he just announced in facebook that his team won the 4x4 state championship too.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
kiwibacon wrote:
Now I really like Drew Phillips. I ran 48.8 in the 400 in High School. I never ran in College because I just lost interest after my mission.


In high school I played football and lacrosse, and I ran...all the way from the car to the front counter to order a cheeseburger and fries at the Purple Turtle :lol:
C
craigoscarson
Schmoe wrote:
Now I really like Drew Phillips. I ran 48.8 in the 400 in High School. I never ran in College because I just lost interest after my mission.


In high school I played football and lacrosse, and I ran...all the way from the car to the front counter to order a cheeseburger and fries at the Purple Turtle :lol:


My grandpa used to take me to purple turtle after I'd mow his lawn (while we were on vacation) ....

That 3 acre yard right across from PG high. Admittedly, I dreaded that part of our trips to Utah.
B
BerliNY
That is crazy fast. Seriously.
H
hello2trouble
kiwibacon wrote:
Now I really like Drew Phillips. I ran 48.8 in the 400 in High School. I never ran in College because I just lost interest after my mission.


Wow! That's great Kiwibacon. Thanks for sharing that with us! You were a real speedster in high school! We recognize your efforts and talent.
M
Mars
Ddawg wrote:
I hope they give Drew a try @ the Slot receiver spot - even the WR. This kid has real potential!! Let's go! 8)

If Unga stays gone, that mostly removes JJ from the slot pool. McKay will do great whenever he is there, but it could quickly become Drew's spot to own, his place to really shine even as a true freshman.
Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
We could probably use this future Cougar's speed as well. Think she'll want to play on the football team???


Breaking state records is quickly becoming second nature to Aubrey Hale.



Once again, the Brighton senior showed her dominance as a sprinter by winning the 100 meters in a time of 11.85 seconds on Saturday afternoon during the final day of the 100th annual BYU Invitational.



Hale not only beat a record she set two weeks ago, she shattered her previous best mark of 11.93 seconds.


http://cougarfan.com/article.asp?ArtID=60941&URL=http://www.ksl.com/?nid=504|sid=10628366
C
craigoscarson
BigCougsFan wrote:
We could probably use this future Cougar's speed as well. Think she'll want to play on the football team???


Breaking state records is quickly becoming second nature to Aubrey Hale.



Once again, the Brighton senior showed her dominance as a sprinter by winning the 100 meters in a time of 11.85 seconds on Saturday afternoon during the final day of the 100th annual BYU Invitational.



Hale not only beat a record she set two weeks ago, she shattered her previous best mark of 11.93 seconds.


http://cougarfan.com/article.asp?ArtID=60941&URL=http://www.ksl.com/?nid=504|sid=10628366


that's a blazing 100 for a female; and I'm sure she'd put some of our oline to shame.
B
BerliNY
craigoscarson wrote:
We could probably use this future Cougar's speed as well. Think she'll want to play on the football team???


Breaking state records is quickly becoming second nature to Aubrey Hale.



Once again, the Brighton senior showed her dominance as a sprinter by winning the 100 meters in a time of 11.85 seconds on Saturday afternoon during the final day of the 100th annual BYU Invitational.



Hale not only beat a record she set two weeks ago, she shattered her previous best mark of 11.93 seconds.


http://cougarfan.com/article.asp?ArtID=60941&URL=http://www.ksl.com/?nid=504|sid=10628366


that's a blazing 100 for a female; and I'm sure she'd put some of our oline to shame.


Yeah, ... uh ... I mean ... I'd beat her, but those O-lineman should be ashamed. I haven't run a timed sprint in quite a while (ok, I haven't run in a while period) but I'd be shocked if I came anywhere close to 11.93 for 100.
B
BoiseBYU
hello2trouble wrote:
Now I really like Drew Phillips. I ran 48.8 in the 400 in High School. I never ran in College because I just lost interest after my mission.


Wow! That's great Kiwibacon. Thanks for sharing that with us! You were a real speedster in high school! We recognize your efforts and talent.


Wow! hello2trouble! Thanks for the insightful post! You are so clever and witty! I always! !ook forward to what you have to say!
R
redneckjedi
BigCougsFan wrote:
We could probably use this future Cougar's speed as well. Think she'll want to play on the football team???


Breaking state records is quickly becoming second nature to Aubrey Hale.



Once again, the Brighton senior showed her dominance as a sprinter by winning the 100 meters in a time of 11.85 seconds on Saturday afternoon during the final day of the 100th annual BYU Invitational.



Hale not only beat a record she set two weeks ago, she shattered her previous best mark of 11.93 seconds.


http://cougarfan.com/article.asp?ArtID=60941&URL=http://www.ksl.com/?nid=504|sid=10628366


If we assume she instantaneously accelerated to her average speed over those 12 seconds and then stayed at that speed the whole race, she'd have a 4.34 40 yard dash. Not bad, if that were physically possible.



But it's not. So, assuming her acceleration is proportional to Usain Bolt's (who ran a 4.35 in his first 40 meters, on his way to breaking the world record in the 100m), she would run a 5.33 40. I once ran about that with a double quad strain in HS, and I was no sprinter. 5.33 puts you on the slow side of the offensive lineman 40 scale - our top 3 o-line prospects for 2011 with listed 40 times run 4.98, 5.4, and 5.06.



Also, linebackers would love to hit her. :evil:



Data for Bolt's '08 record-breaking run:

http://speedendurance.com/2009/08/06/40-yard-dash-times-for-usain-bolt-and-ben-johnson/
Advertisement
H
hello2trouble
BoiseBYU wrote:
kiwibacon wrote:
Now I really like Drew Phillips. I ran 48.8 in the 400 in High School. I never ran in College because I just lost interest after my mission.


Wow! That's great Kiwibacon. Thanks for sharing that with us! You were a real speedster in high school! We recognize your efforts and talent.


Wow! hello2trouble! Thanks for the insightful post! You are so clever and witty! I always! !ook forward to what you have to say!


The feeling's mutual my friend!
K
kiwibacon
craigoscarson wrote:
Now I really like Drew Phillips. I ran 48.8 in the 400 in High School. I never ran in College because I just lost interest after my mission.


Looks like he actually ran a 48.58 40 and he just announced in facebook that his team won the 4x4 state championship too.

Congrats to Phillips and his team. That is quite an accomplishment. Do you know what their 4x4 time was?
H
hello2trouble
craigoscarson wrote:
Now I really like Drew Phillips. I ran 48.8 in the 400 in High School. I never ran in College because I just lost interest after my mission.


Looks like he actually ran a 48.58 40 and he just announced in facebook that his team won the 4x4 state championship too.


Too bad about the 48.5 time for Kiwibacon. That sure will take the wind out of his sails. I wonder if he still likes this kid or maybe he's stewing, green with envy.
C
craigoscarson
hello2trouble wrote:
kiwibacon wrote:
Now I really like Drew Phillips. I ran 48.8 in the 400 in High School. I never ran in College because I just lost interest after my mission.


Looks like he actually ran a 48.58 40 and he just announced in facebook that his team won the 4x4 state championship too.


Too bad about the 48.5 time for Kiwibacon. That sure will take the wind out of his sails. I wonder if he still likes this kid or maybe he's stewing green with envy.


I'm more worried about Drew Philips feeling faster than some old honk on a sports chat site :P Kiwi can handle the letdown ;)



Those tenths of seconds are a big deal in sprints though, there is is a difference.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.