Archived Topic

Good Article about Clawson and Bradford

by wildeone · 4/23/2010

Advertisement
G
Guest
He is probably making the right decision by hanging it up. I used to work with a guy who had been a starting LB with the Cowboys and the Raiders (he even brought in his Super Bowl rings so we could see them once). The guy was just over 50, but his body was so damaged you'd have thought he was 80 years old. He could barely walk, couldn't stand up straight, it was tough to see.
H
HoosierCougar
Nice article. I like that GW unapologetically reported the use of prayer as the Clawsons looked for guidance in their decision making. Those are the kinds of small things that makes BYU different and attracts the kinds of kids that are good fits for the University and the Athletic Program.



Also didn't know that Clawson was Type 1 diabetic. My 9 year old son was diagnosed with Type 1 last month. He's a huge Cougar fan and will be interested to know.
C
CannonCougar85
Way to go Clawson!! What an upstanding guy, I'm sure he'll do fine in medical school and be very successful in life.



I enjoyed some of the comments tagged to the article because I enjoy getting a little insight to how moronic people are. Like the guy who makes fun of Clawson for selling alarm systems as a career. Umm...he's doing that for the summer before he pursues medical school. Reading comprehension anyone?



Here is my favorite one, it made me laugh out loud.


Actually, I am pretty sure he is Mormon and will be doing missionary work in Billings. I used to live there and they have a massive temple in town. Probably not door-to-door sales, but door-to-door missionary work.
L
Lawboy
I think the writing was on the wall that his football days were over as it is. He was a great CFB player, but probably not an NFL talent. He could have chased that dream for a few years attending some camps and getting paid camp money, but I doubt he ever landed a full-time NFL gig. With Poppinga, Nixon and a few other guys just hanging on, or not making it, I think it was wise to move on. Wish him best of luck in future endeavors.
Advertisement
B
BerliNY
Good article, nice read, good find.
B
BerliNY
CannonCougar85 wrote:
Way to go Clawson!! What an upstanding guy, I'm sure he'll do fine in medical school and be very successful in life.



I enjoyed some of the comments tagged to the article because I enjoy getting a little insight to how moronic people are. Like the guy who makes fun of Clawson for selling alarm systems as a career. Umm...he's doing that for the summer before he pursues medical school. Reading comprehension anyone?



Here is my favorite one, it made me laugh out loud.


Actually, I am pretty sure he is Mormon and will be doing missionary work in Billings. I used to live there and they have a massive temple in town. Probably not door-to-door sales, but door-to-door missionary work.




I don't care who you are, that's funny!



ESPN Writer: "Coleby why are you going to MT for the summer?"

Clawson: "Errr, ummm, to uh .... share a special message about ... alarms ... to people that don't have much ... alarm ... in their lives. You know when you sell "alarm systems" you really grow to love the people."
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.