Archived Topic

Shut up Mahe

by craigoscarson · 4/22/2010

Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
I love Reno Mahe, but he blabbed to the newspaper and the radio guys about Harvey and what he should do and had no clue what Harvey wanted. (ironic since he was one to leave BYU and come back and have success from doing so)



Guys like Bryan Kehl, Chad Lewis and yes Reno have come back and find themselves right smack dab in the middle of the love and program after leaving (they get to be on the sidelines for games, coach up the new guys, etc. etc. etc.... because they left BYU on a good note. Where does this leave Harv if he never plays another down for us? Will there always be a cloud over his head (unfairly)? )



I was really upset when this news initially came out and so bummed that I didn't want to jump in until we knew the real story.



We get so wrapped up in the here and now; that sometimes we're not willing to let a situation work itself out before we speculate. an



In this case, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Harvey gets things right and comes back. I cannot see a situation where leaving is truly the ideal situation for him and I hope that those with the ability to make the decision about his future keep that in mind. It's not about 30,000 other students, no about not about precendent etc. It's about what's best for Harvey and his spiritual progression. I'm not sure ostracizing a great teammate (with 2 semesters in between him and the fall) with a bright future when he's obviously come clean with his transgression is the best thing for Harvey.



It's quite clear that Harv wants to come back and graduating is very important to him. That also sends a message too; I hope people let this situation work itself out, rather than write him off as gone.



Get things right Harv and come back ( @ administration: help him)
U
UVACoug
craigoscarson wrote:
I love Reno Mahe, but he blabbed to the newspaper and the radio guys about Harvey and what he should do and had no clue what Harvey wanted. (ironic since he was one to leave BYU and come back and have success from doing so)



Guys like Bryan Kehl, Chad Lewis and yes Reno have come back and find themselves right smack dab in the middle of the love and program after leaving (they get to be on the sidelines for games, coach up the new guys, etc. etc. etc.... because they left BYU on a good note. Where does this leave Harv if he never plays another down for us? Will there always be a cloud over his head (unfairly)? )



I was really upset when this news initially came out and so bummed that I didn't want to jump in until we knew the real story.



We get so wrapped up in the here and now; that sometimes we're not willing to let a situation work itself out before we speculate. an



In this case, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Harvey gets things right and comes back. I cannot see a situation where leaving is truly the ideal situation for him and I hope that those with the ability to make the decision about his future keep that in mind. It's not about 30,000 other students, no about not about precendent etc. It's about what's best for Harvey and his spiritual progression. I'm not sure ostracizing a great teammate (with 2 semesters in between him and the fall) with a bright future when he's obviously come clean with his transgression is the best thing for Harvey.



It's quite clear that Harv wants to come back and graduating is very important to him. That also sends a message too; I hope people let this situation work itself out, rather than write him off as gone.



Get things right Harv and come back ( @ administration: help him)


I don't think it is a big deal. He was probably asked a question by a reporter and offered his opinion. Saying Harvey should go the NFL is not a slam on BYU by Mahe, and it is not like he is seeking out oppotunities to send a message to Harvey. He was just responding to a question from a reporter. Not a big deal.
J
jonnylingo
I found Mahe's comments annoying as well. They didn't make sense to me either. In my opinion from the limited facts I have the best scenario for harvey himself would be to come back to byu and finish his senior year. mahe's comments didn't make sense to me.
B
BigCougsFan
craigoscarson wrote:
Guys like Bryan Kehl, Chad Lewis and yes Reno have come back and find themselves right smack dab in the middle of the love and program after leaving...


I must be out of the loop cause Bryan Kehl was so recent, but when did he leave???
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.