S
Short_Changehttp://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5123705
According to the article the MWC has a legitimate chance to receive an auto bid. I'm not sure if I believe it though.
They said there is a threshold and they have 3 criteria to rank conferences. Does anyone know what that criteria is? What I'd like to see is some concrete requirements for each conference to receive an auto-bid. For example, winning percentage vs. the top conferences or number of teams in the top 25. I'm not sure what exactly you should track, but I think there needs to be some concrete measurements and requirements that are made public and those conferences that meet those requirements should receive an auto-bid. It should be a season by season thing, not a contract. Tradition should not hold more value than what is happening right now. If the Big East or Big ten or whoever don't meet the requirements then they shouldn't receive in auto bid.
What are your thoughts. Does the MWC have a legitimate chance at this or are they just throwing crap out there to quiet the crowd?
According to the article the MWC has a legitimate chance to receive an auto bid. I'm not sure if I believe it though.
They said there is a threshold and they have 3 criteria to rank conferences. Does anyone know what that criteria is? What I'd like to see is some concrete requirements for each conference to receive an auto-bid. For example, winning percentage vs. the top conferences or number of teams in the top 25. I'm not sure what exactly you should track, but I think there needs to be some concrete measurements and requirements that are made public and those conferences that meet those requirements should receive an auto-bid. It should be a season by season thing, not a contract. Tradition should not hold more value than what is happening right now. If the Big East or Big ten or whoever don't meet the requirements then they shouldn't receive in auto bid.
What are your thoughts. Does the MWC have a legitimate chance at this or are they just throwing crap out there to quiet the crowd?

