K
KYCougInteresting article, makes me wonder if we are close to trying the same thing?
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/ncaa/04/06/florida-qbs.ap/index.htm
Go Cougs!
L Hatton
Louisville KY
Go Cougs!
L Hatton
Louisville KY
by KYCoug · 4/7/2010
YBrit wrote:
I'll be very pessimistic until it yields real results. Sort of like mentioning Communistic sympathies in the '50s, I just get thoughts of Crowton and hate the idea. (Save your defense of Crowton, I've heard them all) But I suppose with proper personnel and skill levels in place it could work.
Last year Nelson went in several times, but not for the intention of putting specific skill in for running. Though, on 4th downs I thought they should put Nelson in last year. The reasoning was that the Defense would know it would be a run and stack. So I'm not sure if that would really work, which leads to the Crowton risk of demanding quicker results and rotating QBs in every other series and panicking and losing.
Wickchad84087 wrote:I'll be very pessimistic until it yields real results. Sort of like mentioning Communistic sympathies in the '50s, I just get thoughts of Crowton and hate the idea. (Save your defense of Crowton, I've heard them all) But I suppose with proper personnel and skill levels in place it could work.
Last year Nelson went in several times, but not for the intention of putting specific skill in for running. Though, on 4th downs I thought they should put Nelson in last year. The reasoning was that the Defense would know it would be a run and stack. So I'm not sure if that would really work, which leads to the Crowton risk of demanding quicker results and rotating QBs in every other series and panicking and losing.
Doesn't a national championship with Leak and Tebow rotating at QB yield real results?
YBrit wrote:
I'll be very pessimistic until it yields real results. Sort of like mentioning Communistic sympathies in the '50s, I just get thoughts of Crowton and hate the idea.
imuakahuku wrote:YBrit wrote:
I'll be very pessimistic until it yields real results. Sort of like mentioning Communistic sympathies in the '50s, I just get thoughts of Crowton and hate the idea. (Save your defense of Crowton, I've heard them all) But I suppose with proper personnel and skill levels in place it could work.
Last year Nelson went in several times, but not for the intention of putting specific skill in for running. Though, on 4th downs I thought they should put Nelson in last year. The reasoning was that the Defense would know it would be a run and stack. So I'm not sure if that would really work, which leads to the Crowton risk of demanding quicker results and rotating QBs in every other series and panicking and losing.
Doesn't a national championship with Leak and Tebow rotating at QB yield real results?
Leak and Tebow didn't "split" time at QB. Tebow came in and ran left when they needed a first down or a TD. Leak ran the show and Tebow got some carries. He only attempted 33 passes on the season and most of them came in mop-up duty vs UCF and W. Carolina 21 of the 33 attempts. After that the most att in a game were 2. But he ran between 6-9 times in most games. The point is that there was no split QB going on at Florida in 2006.