Archived Topic

MLB is dead to me

by BoiseBYU · 4/7/2010

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
Went up to a little league game and was intrigued that all the kids had Oregon State, Arizona, and Cal shirts and hats. In years past, the kids were on various MLB-named teams, like the Rockies, the Dodgers, the Rangers etc. So I asked why the change. Apparently, MLB is now charging LL a fee for the privilege of using their various team names. I do not know if this is true all over the country or just Boise, but it is at least true here. So, lacking the revenue, LL had to go to plan B and it was Pac 10 schools. I wonder who comes up with these ideas? Sure there might be a few more licensing fees....but talk about destroying your future fan base! I guess when you pay Steroid Rodriguez $33 million you got to come up with new ways to gain revenue....
G
Guest
MLB is also dead to me.
S
SpiffCoug
Baseball died in 1994 to me.
S
Schmoe
Baseball died to me after I played two years of little league.
S
SpiffCoug
playing baseball died for me after three years of little and batting average of .014. I'm just guessing on my average. But I think I had a total of seven hits in my three years.
Advertisement
U
urroner
kitic77 wrote:
playing baseball died for me after three years of little and batting average of .014. I'm just guessing on my average. But I think I had a total of seven hits in my three years.


Sounds like me when I was dating. I never even got to first base. :~( :~( :~(
B
BYUBALLIN
thats strange my little nephew play ll in chicago they dont have that problem. I was not aware that baseball even exsisted in idaho. After moving out to idaho, i have never been to a state that baseball seemed so dead in. Iam sure glad iam moving to Utah at the end of the month. Iam never coming back to crappy idaho again, wait i will to see BYU crush the donkeys. ( hint word to the wise never move to idaho EVER.)
B
BoiseBYU
BYUBALLIN wrote:
thats strange my little nephew play ll in chicago they dont have that problem. I was not aware that baseball even exsisted in idaho. After moving out to idaho, i have never been to a state that baseball seemed so dead in. Iam sure glad iam moving to Utah at the end of the month. Iam never coming back to crappy idaho again, wait i will to see BYU crush the donkeys. ( hint word to the wise never move to idaho EVER.)


You never met Harmon Killebrew or Walter Johnson, but then neither have I....Enjoy Utah!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mingjai
BoiseBYU wrote:
thats strange my little nephew play ll in chicago they dont have that problem. I was not aware that baseball even exsisted in idaho. After moving out to idaho, i have never been to a state that baseball seemed so dead in. Iam sure glad iam moving to Utah at the end of the month. Iam never coming back to crappy idaho again, wait i will to see BYU crush the donkeys. ( hint word to the wise never move to idaho EVER.)


You never met Harmon Killebrew or Walter Johnson, but then neither have I....Enjoy Utah!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Or Vern Law. Every kid I knew growing up in Idaho played baseball, but maybe that's changed.



Win Twins!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.