kitic77 wrote:
What this shows is that Nelson realized that what Heaps was doing through the first two weeks of spring ball and that if he wanted to be the starter he needed to step up his game and start making plays. Those first two weeks Heaps accounted for something like 11 of the offenses 14 TDs. This past week it's been pretty even. Nelson was clearly challenged by the emerging Heaps and has raised his game. This is a very good development for BYU. It means that BYU will be choosing from two excellent QBs.
Spot on. And with Munns returning 2nd string will get an even bigger push to produce. I do think that they are using Heaps and Nelson in very different ways. Heaps chips away and takes what the D gives him (BYU style ball). Nelson throws deep passes (often) and runs for short runs. I'm interested to see what today's practice will show.
Why is Lark a sophomore? Was he on the 2007 roster? He redshirted in 2006 but he just got off his mission...I can't remember his situation. I think Lark and Munns have lots of talent, but may have to be moved or transfer. Munns is huge so I would've liked to have seen him play, who knows what will happen.