Archived Topic

GO BUTLER!

by Mars · 4/4/2010

Advertisement
M
Mars


I always thought that Hoosiers needed a sequel...
M
Metal Bubba
Dook is evil. Coach K is the son of Satan.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
I didn't know coach K was related to Obama!
S
snoscythe
...in the dining room, with the candlabra.
U
urroner
snoscythe wrote:
...in the dining room, with the candlabra.


So, it was the butler who killed off the duke.



http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/celebrity-pictures-tara-reid-looking-brain.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
Butler is BYU with defense and rebounding... they don't have any more size than us; they don't shoot better than us, but they sure do play better defense and they make an effort on the boards.
B
BoiseBYU
craigoscarson wrote:
Butler is BYU with defense and rebounding... they don't have any more size than us; they don't shoot better than us, but they sure do play better defense and they make an effort on the boards.


I was impressed with how well Butler's big men played against MSU. They were athletic and involved in the offense. That play separates them from us....



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
N
nuk13
most any time a small school takes on a big one I'm for the small one. I hope Butler hands it to Duke.



I think if we had had our insider men play like Butler's we'd be where Butler is now. We have great guard and wing play, let's pick it up inside.
Q
Qman
nuk13 wrote:
most any time a small school takes on a big one I'm for the small one. I hope Butler hands it to Duke.



I think if we had had our insider men play like Butler's we'd be where Butler is now. We have great guard and wing play, let's pick it up inside.




I thought it was obvious that Butler's coaching philosphy is opposite of Coach Rose's. Butler's man defense was very aggressive in switching and giving help. They also had identified all the players they could sag off of. Their offense by comparision was fairly basic. BYU spends a lot of time coaching offense and less time coaching defense.



Their ability to rebound had more to do with a total team effort and slightly better overall athletism.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.