Archived Topic

Hans on Heaps

by Cougs_Rule · 4/2/2010

Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Just heard an interview of Hans Olsen on the radio. He said in his opinion from watching today, that Heaps is being prepped as the starter and Nelson is being prepped to be the back-up. He said it pained him to say so because he knows the Nelson family.

I don't know if the interview will be posted on that station's website, but found this very interesting.
Y
Y&Brit
His word isn't worth much, but he may be right.
B
BigCougsFan
Is it me or is Hans becoming more of a Ute fan OR was he just kissing up to Kyle W. during the phone interview today???



Hans always has something to say about Bronco like how he looks, his choice of words, or whatever. Hans is always critiquing Bronco on something.
C
Cougarfan87
BigCougsFan wrote:
Is it me or is Hans becoming more of a Ute fan OR was he just kissing up to Kyle W. during the phone interview today???



Hans always has something to say about Bronco like how he looks, his choice of words, or whatever. Hans is always critiquing Bronco on something.


Call it the "Don't Want To Look Like Too Much of a Homer, So Instead I'll Act Like A Hater" Syndrome. The DWTLLTMHSIIALAH Syndrome is exemplified by Todd DWTLLTMHSIIALAH Christensen.
L
Lawboy
Hans is a media guy now, not an outright fan. yeah, he played for BYU, but he has a job to do. Just like KW played for BYU, but now has a job to do for Utah. I do not expect any media writer/personality to be a homer. That is unreasonabble.



I also think Hans is right on the money about the QB position.
Advertisement
C
Cougarfan87
Lawboy wrote:
Hans is a media guy now, not an outright fan. yeah, he played for BYU, but he has a job to do. Just like KW played for BYU, but now has a job to do for Utah. I do not expect any media writer/personality to be a homer. That is unreasonabble.



I also think Hans is right on the money about the QB position.


I agree that former players need to be objective in their new roles. The problem is when THEY think they need to rachet it up a notch--such as TC's criticizing what a BYU player does, but not making the same criticisms of the other team when they do similar things. They should call it as you see it--but they should also make sure they do it for both sides for both positive and negative comments.



Maybe I am overgeneralizing here, but I think it would be an interesting experiment to tally the number of positive vs. negative comments Todd Christensen or Hans makes about BYU in a broadcast.
C
clemdiggitydog1
Lawboy wrote:
Hans is a media guy now, not an outright fan. yeah, he played for BYU, but he has a job to do. Just like KW played for BYU, but now has a job to do for Utah. I do not expect any media writer/personality to be a homer. That is unreasonabble.



I also think Hans is right on the money about the QB position.
Well said Lawboy.Though we'd all like to have the pundits praise our team unceasingly,it's simply not their job.That said,it does seem sometimes that former players who are now journalists overcompensate a bit in their desire to prove their objectivity.
B
BigCougsFan
Cougarfan87 wrote:
Is it me or is Hans becoming more of a Ute fan OR was he just kissing up to Kyle W. during the phone interview today???



Hans always has something to say about Bronco like how he looks, his choice of words, or whatever. Hans is always critiquing Bronco on something.


Call it the "Don't Want To Look Like Too Much of a Homer, So Instead I'll Act Like A Hater" Syndrome. The DWTLLTMHSIIALAH Syndrome is exemplified by Todd DWTLLTMHSIIALAH Christensen.


Oh not Todd Christensen! I can't stand that annoying dork. Get a haircut and sound legit during the BYU games. Why does he always commentate on BYU games anyways??? Mix it up... Get someone else commentating the games other than TC.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.