BoiseBYU wrote:
Friends my arse Hawkins was throwing bombs w/ 3 minutes and BSU up 50-12 at LES. He is bombastic and an incompetent. His only smart thing he's ever done was hire Chris Peterson as his OC
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I'll stick my neck out for Hawkins. I was in HS in Boise when he was coaching BSU, and at least in dealing with fans/community/etc. he was all class act. A kid in my ward held his Eagle Court of Honor in our stake center and Hawkins was the main speaker, and was extremely approachable both before and after the ceremony. (Granted, he went on to recruit the kid. ;) But the same kid played under Hawkins at CU and left the program with a high opinion of Hawkins.) It was too bad when he left BSU, but hey, blessing in disguise.
The whole "starting his son" thing was lame, though. Still, I hope he has success in the next few years.