Archived Topic

We're the only 7 that survived

by craigoscarson · 3/19/2010

Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
In case anyone wants to pew pew our opponent or that fact that we played a 10 seed; we're the only 7 seed with a win. Missouri beat Clemson and St. Mary's beat Richmond;



there is no doubt that it's sometimes easier to play as the underdog, I hope we see a loose Cougar team tommorrow; we really have nothing to lose considering the matchup; we won our 30 games, will finish in the top 15-20 in the country and have a shot at making it to Salt Lake. I can't wait.. I hope the boys enjoy the ride.
K
kiwibacon
We are now the ONLY #7 seed that made it through.



Missouri beat Clemson and GTech just beat OKST.
B
BerliNY
Way to go Tech! This is the maddest March I can remember.
G
GolfDiveNCougs
And that's the reason in the 7-10 and 8-9 games, the seed actually means nothing. I mentioned in another thread that I had my 2-year old pick my 7-10 and 8-9 games, that's how much a crapshoot it is. And he was 4 for 4 coming into this evening!!! If not for Oklahoma State going tenative in the last 3 minutes, and Florida State pissing away their great comeback by leaving FIVE freethrows off the scoreboard in the last 3 minutes, my little guy would have gotten every pick. Seriously, though. Florida was ON the freethrow line down only 4 points, with 1:37 left, and the kid misses BOTH of them! That's my BIGGEST pet-peeve about college basketball.

YOU MAKE YOUR FREETHROWS!!!



You ALWAYS make the front-end of a one-and-one, no matter WHEN it is in the game,



and if there are less than 5 minutes left, YOU MAKE YOUR FREETHROWS THAT YOU MAKE YOUR FREETHROWS THAT YOU MAKE YOUR EFFING FREETHROWS!!!



Thank you, that is all.
S
Schmoe
When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was about some post-apocalyptic story idea you had.



Seriously though, all the "upsets" just confirms one thing: the committee did a very poor job this year.
Advertisement
M
Mars
Schmoe wrote:
Seriously though, all the "upsets" just confirms one thing: the committee did a very poor job this year.

AMEN to that!

Picking by RPI has been much more successful than picking by seed by this point.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.