Archived Topic

Billy Donovan on the Ying-Yang of BYU's backcourt

by snoscythe · 3/19/2010

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
From his post-game interview yesterday afternoon:


Question. Loyd only averaged a little over 4, but I'm sure on tape you saw glimpses in games where he could do something like that. As much attention is given to Fredette, can you talk about what you might have thought he do to you if people didn't watch him closely?



COACH DONOVAN: Maybe their conference tournament he had 18 points. So he's a very, very aggressive -- they play much, much faster when he's in the game. Fredette to me has got good command, good pace. When they bring Abouo in and Loyd in, the intensity level goes up. I think that that actually put more pressure on Boynton and Walker because now you're chasing Fredette around for 35 seconds and now he comes in, Fredette is resting, and this guy is coming at you full speed. It makes it really, really difficult.

But I don't think maybe people will be surprised with the number of points he scored today, but I was not surprised at all of his level of aggressiveness because he really had shown that we had -- we had talked a lot about that going into the game.
B
BroncoBot
snoscythe wrote:
From his post-game interview yesterday afternoon:


Question. Loyd only averaged a little over 4, but I'm sure on tape you saw glimpses in games where he could do something like that. As much attention is given to Fredette, can you talk about what you might have thought he do to you if people didn't watch him closely?



COACH DONOVAN: Maybe their conference tournament he had 18 points. So he's a very, very aggressive -- they play much, much faster when he's in the game. Fredette to me has got good command, good pace. When they bring Abouo in and Loyd in, the intensity level goes up. I think that that actually put more pressure on Boynton and Walker because now you're chasing Fredette around for 35 seconds and now he comes in, Fredette is resting, and this guy is coming at you full speed. It makes it really, really difficult.

But I don't think maybe people will be surprised with the number of points he scored today, but I was not surprised at all of his level of aggressiveness because he really had shown that we had -- we had talked a lot about that going into the game.

Nice find. I was wondering what Billy was going to say about that. Could he have made it a little less clear though? His thoughts are too concise, to concrete. ;)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.