Archived Topic

UNLV fails to show up again in a game w/o BYU

by byutx · 3/19/2010

Advertisement
B
byutx
Bunch of losers. Loser players. Loser coaches. Loser fans. Yeah, that sounds about right.
B
bigbluepuma
Apparently they thought NI was the :utard: :utard: and just gave up. :evil: ;)
S
Schmoe
Way to show up and rep the conference, buncha morons who only get up for two games a year.
Q
Qman
Hmm I watched the game and UNLV was getting after it but they ran into a team with size and disciplined guards. They did get a number of steals but UNI never panicked.
S
snoscythe
Nice to see that MWC fans are just as dismissive of mid-major teams as any of the other legit conferences. We know there's just no way UNI was good enough to beat UNLV as long as UNLV showed up....after all, who the hell is UNI??
Advertisement
S
SenorCougar
Of course they don't win. They don't have the homecourt advantage that the MWC gives them. Just another away game that they usually lose anyway. It's been that way for a decade now..........
B
BerliNY
Qman wrote:
Hmm I watched the game and UNLV was getting after it but they ran into a team with size and disciplined guards. They did get a number of steals but UNI never panicked.


Word. UNLV had more talent I thought, but they couldn't handle UNI's size.
I
IowaCougar
What I saw was UNLV getting manhandled by a huge center. The big difference between the way UNLV played yesterday and the way they always seem to play against BYU was the shooting. Against BYU, they seem to hit all of their big threes. Against UNI, they were throwing up bricks.
A
ABYUFAN
I had UNLV losing that game, I thought that UNLV that played us in Vegas would win vs. UNI, but the UNLV that was around the rest of the year... i.e. the "real" UNLV would not be able to win this game.
S
Schmoe
snoscythe wrote:
Nice to see that MWC fans are just as dismissive of mid-major teams as any of the other legit conferences. We know there's just no way UNI was good enough to beat UNLV as long as UNLV showed up....after all, who the hell is UNI??


I don't see anybody saying "Gee, UNI is a nobody and UNLV should have blown them out of the water, etc." I see a bunch of BYU fans saying "you guys get WAY more up for the BYU game than you do for ANY other game, even if it is the big dance. You should have taken a lesson from the Cougs and gritted it out for the win."
Advertisement
C
CannonCougar85
I picked UNI to win this game for the very reason that UNLV was not playing BYU and they weren't playing at home. I really haven't thought that UNLV was that great of a team this year. They just show up against BYU, I mean they lost to Utah this year...twice. Utah was a bad team from the beginning and they got worse as the year wore on to the point that they were downright pathetic.



I also have Utah State losing because I don't think they are that great either. If I'm wrong today then I will eat my words.



And it was obvious to me last night that New Mexico continues to play to the level of their opponent.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.