Archived Topic

Whatever happens Saturday...

by Dcr36 · 3/19/2010

Advertisement
D
Dcr36
Win or lose, this has been the best year for BYU sports in my short life. I'm sure those of you who were alive/cognizant for the 1984 or 1996 football teams, or the Miracle Bowl, or Danny Ainge, etc. will chime in, and I'm sure some smug Ute would rub in their Basketball final appearance or BCS victories. Regardless, I've never been prouder to be a Cougar fan. I'll take the #12 finish in football and NCAA tournament curse-breaking. I'll take the Oklahoma season-opening win, the 49-point game, the emergence of Loyd, Collie's rookie season, our recruiting year, our contribution to this year's theme of "MWC > Pac-10." I've never been this sports-happy in my life.
B
bigbluepuma
I was around for all of the above, also for Cosic, and for all of the great QBs, including Sheidy. I fell in love with BYU when Dick Namelka and company won the NIT. There have been some great years and some great memories, and this year is definately NOT out in the cold. It has been a great year for BYU sports, and today feels PRETTY GOOD! It may even feel better with each game we win, but the monkey excorcism has a special feel of it's own.
C
craigoscarson
I was at the Oklahoma game this year and will be at the game on Saturday (ironically in Oklahoma)



I was also at the 1996-97 Cotton Bowl ... but nothing matches March Madness (last tourney game I was at was Syracuse-BYU in Denver) the fact that I know the Hartsock clan and have a relationship with Charles Abouo puts it over the top for me.



You're right though, win or lose BYU has given us a ton of thrills this year... the icing of any other in BYU history is the fact that we also had our greatest recruiting season ever and beat Utah in football and hoops



Saturdays game is going to be a celebration of all things BYU... and as we've seen so far today, anything can happen.
B
BYUBALLIN
iam trying to get tix to salt lake games now. When BYU wins the price will soar. The crazy part is i have to drive 6 hours to the game. Then drive back to work on friday. I really hope BYU can get the win on sat.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.