Archived Topic

DeepShadesofBlue just got a little less blue

by snoscythe · 3/18/2010

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Looks like Gooch's blog just became yet another blog.



They've either hired or partnered with the old BYU-TV play-by-play guy to provide them with material as the former players have become busier and busier. Meaning? Most of their material won't be coming from former players with that institutional background that you only get from someone who has played for the Cougs under Bronco. It will be coming from yet another talking head.



What's even more disappointing is that it looks like he will be presenting his material in video format. I don't know about anyone else, but I hate watching video blogs. I can't skim them quickly like a written product to see if it's something I want to spend my time on, I can't do them at school or work because of the sound, and there are buffering and lag issues.



I guess it was too good to last, but it's kind of sad to see a good thing start to fade out.



http://deepshadesofblue.com/who-will-replace-pitta-and-george/
F
Florwood
You could be dead on in your analysis, but I'm willing to see what they come up with--hopefully better than we're thinking...
G
Guest
I'm with you sno, if it's not written, ie video or audio, I rarely give it much attention. Plus, you're exactly right, what made deepshadesofblue a must read was the fact that it was previous players who had played under Bronco and could give us insights that the media couldn't.
C
CougarPeasant
ditto



and I didn't think their product last season was their best either.



btw, the mens' team beat florida in basketball today, in case no one heard. ;)
S
snoscythe
CougarPeasant wrote:
btw, the mens' team beat florida in basketball today, in case no one heard. ;)


You can read all about it.....at deepshadesofblue, from just another guy with a computer and a modem.
Advertisement
S
scott715
Why don't they recruit some other former players. I think I would like that aspect of a blog and would be unique. They could focus on former walkons.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.