Archived Topic

Biggest Upset?

by Mars · 3/15/2010

Advertisement
M
Mars


What do you see as the biggest upset of the Tourny?





1st round, I got 12-Utah State over 5-Texas A&m and 11-Old Dominion over 6-Notre Dame.



Tempted to pick SDSU over Tennessee, Sienna over Purdue, or Murray State over Vandervilt, but didn't.
C
CannonCougar85
Mars wrote:


What do you see as the biggest upset of the Tourny?





1st round, I got 12-Utah State over 5-Texas A&m and 11-Old Dominion over 6-Notre Dame.



Tempted to pick SDSU over Tennessee, Sienna over Purdue, or Murray State over Vandervilt, but didn't.


I'm not too sure about Utah State over A&M but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. I also wouldn't be surprised if SDSU beats Tennessee. SDSU did just beat a 3 seed and an 8 seed last week.

I like Old Dominion over Notre Dame because I think that, just like football, Notre Dame is consistently overrated.



I think the biggest upset of the tourney will be 7 BYU over 2 Kansas State. There I said it. Bring it home to SLC baby!!
M
Mars
CannonCougar85 wrote:
I think the biggest upset of the tourney will be 7 BYU over 2 Kansas State. There I said it. Bring it home to SLC baby!!

IF BYU did beat KSU, I do think it would be THE upset of the Tourny. Though I'm not sure we beat Florida. They are kind of this year's Arizona, when the Wildcats were the last team in last year, got a worse seed, and ball-stomped the Utes.
L
Lawboy
I have SDSU over Tennessee. SDSU is peaking and they play really good D with solid interior play. Ball handling is an issue, so perhaps Tenn will press them out of it, but I think they give them a game.
Y
Y 4 Ever
Siena over Purdue.



Siena's won a few tourney games recently, and Purdue is without their best player, and are pretty down in the dumps.



If you want to look like a genius in your office pool, pick Siena in this one.



Oh, the ESPN tourney predictor says that Murray St. is actually the favorite in their 12-5 game...for whatever that's worth.
Advertisement
D
Dcr36
I've got UTEP beating Butler. I've got big respect for both schools, but I can't believe a 5-12 game is that evenly matched. Butler's been more dominant, but I still think that C-USA > Horizon anyday.
G
Gunk
Mars wrote:


What do you see as the biggest upset of the Tourny?





1st round, I got 12-Utah State over 5-Texas A&m and 11-Old Dominion over 6-Notre Dame.



Tempted to pick SDSU over Tennessee, Sienna over Purdue, or Murray State over Vandervilt, but didn't.


I've got Utah Stat over A&M and Old Dominion over Notre Dame too.



I also picked Sienna over Purdue.



I didn't go with SDSU over Tenn. and I have Vanderbilt winning. I also picked UTEP to win.



And...I picked BYU over KSU making it to the Final Four, but getting vested by Kansas. :crazy:
B
BYUROCKS
Lawboy wrote:
I have SDSU over Tennessee. SDSU is peaking and they play really good D with solid interior play. Ball handling is an issue, so perhaps Tenn will press them out of it, but I think they give them a game.




I think Tenn will rollover.
S
Short_Change
Dcr36 wrote:
I've got UTEP beating Butler. I've got big respect for both schools, but I can't believe a 5-12 game is that evenly matched. Butler's been more dominant, but I still think that C-USA > Horizon anyday.


Me too and I think UTEP could upset the winner of Vandy and Murray St. I also see Cornell upsetting Temple and maybe Wisc too.
S
Short_Change
CannonCougar85 wrote:


What do you see as the biggest upset of the Tourny?





1st round, I got 12-Utah State over 5-Texas A&m and 11-Old Dominion over 6-Notre Dame.



Tempted to pick SDSU over Tennessee, Sienna over Purdue, or Murray State over Vandervilt, but didn't.


I'm not too sure about Utah State over A&M but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. I also wouldn't be surprised if SDSU beats Tennessee. SDSU did just beat a 3 seed and an 8 seed last week.

I like Old Dominion over Notre Dame because I think that, just like football, Notre Dame is consistently overrated.



I think the biggest upset of the tourney will be 7 BYU over 2 Kansas State. There I said it. Bring it home to SLC baby!!


I would be careful with Notre Dame. They have been playing as good as anyone.
Advertisement
G
GolfDiveNCougs
So is the South weak enough that Duke isn't upset? For the life of me, I just can't get that bracket out of the 1st round! "They" say you should pick your bracket winner and work backwards, I just look at it and can't do it, because I just don't think Duke can do it, but I also can't picture anybody taking them out. Nova? MAYbe. Baylor? Poser. And the entire Western WORLD has got a 12-13 matchup outta that bracket. Is Louisville gonna get up and beat the Dukies?
L
Lawboy
I got Duke winning it. They have 3 legit players on that team, so they are better than most tourney teams. They are not a perfect team, but there are none. Kentucky, Cuse and Duke are all beatable. Kansas is the most complete team, with a very good tourney coach to boot. I bet Duke gets to the Final 4. Kansas too. The other 2 regions are more up in the air.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.