Archived Topic

Cinderella

by Mars · 3/15/2010

Advertisement
M
Mars


Who is your "Cinderella" team this year? Define it any way you want (I chose farthest run from a non-Power Conference team).



I have New Mexico in the Elite Eight, and Butler and Temple in the Sweet Sixteen.
B
beauso79
I think UTEP could cause some damage
E
EM_Puma
Mars wrote:


Who is your "Cinderella" team this year? Define it any way you want (I chose farthest run from a non-Power Conference team).



I have New Mexico in the Elite Eight, and Butler and Temple in the Sweet Sixteen.


I can't see a 3-seed (NM) being considered a Cinderella team. To me, Cinderella teams are ones from probably 6 seed (at least) and back. That's me personally.
A
ABYUFAN
I have UNM and BYU in the final four
D
Dcr36
ABYUFAN wrote:
I have UNM and BYU in the final four


I wish I had your vision.
Advertisement
B
BYUROCKS
My Final four is.





UNLV, UNM, and BYU and USU, that way the WEST will gain some Rep.
S
Short_Change
Mars wrote:


Who is your "Cinderella" team this year? Define it any way you want (I chose farthest run from a non-Power Conference team).



I have New Mexico in the Elite Eight, and Butler and Temple in the Sweet Sixteen.


haha. I want to say UTEP and Cornell in the sweet 16.
S
snoscythe
Short_Change wrote:
Cornell in the sweet 16.


http://ethanash.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/andy-dwight-cornell.png?w=320&h=194" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
GolfDiveNCougs
BYUROCKS wrote:
My Final four is.

UNLV, UNM, and BYU and USU, that way the WEST will gain some Rep.

"Awesome" does not BEGIN to describe!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
L
Lawboy
BYU is my first round cinderella. With our tournament history, any win is a huge upset. And the odds of beating KState in Round 2, if we make it, are small. We have 1 Sweet 16 appearance in a 32+ field ever. 1.
Advertisement
G
GolfDiveNCougs
So is ANYBODY picking a 5 seed to win? I'd CRACK up if the only 5-12 upset is the Michigan State - New Mexico State game, considering everybody and their rubber chicken is picking USU, Cornell and UTEP. Who really thinks the Twelvies are gonna take 3 of 4???
F
FurriousCougar
BYUROCKS wrote:
My Final four is.





UNLV, UNM, and BYU and USU, that way the WEST will gain some Rep.


LOL
M
mizzoucoug
GolfDiveNCougs wrote:
So is ANYBODY picking a 5 seed to win? I'd CRACK up if the only 5-12 upset is the Michigan State - New Mexico State game, considering everybody and their rubber chicken is picking USU, Cornell and UTEP. Who really thinks the Twelvies are gonna take 3 of 4???


USU will not beat A&M--they have the same weaknesses we do and the Texas Aggies know how to exploit them already. I dig the UTEP pick, but Temple is a really good team and I think they'll take Cornell. There's always 1 or 2 12 seed upsets...I can't remember there ever being 3.
S
stuckinbig10country
Its sad that Cornell and Temple are playing in the first round. Both would do damage in the tournament if they weren't playing eachother. Cornell should have beaten Kansas at Kansas. Some questionable calls and some clutch hoops kept Kansas from losing.



It might just be me, but it seems that every year the selection committee tries to pit really good mid or small conference teams against eachother in the first round to kind of knock out the "Cinderella".



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
FurriousCougar
stuckinbig10country wrote:
Its sad that Cornell and Temple are playing in the first round. Both would do damage in the tournament if they weren't playing eachother. Cornell should have beaten Kansas at Kansas. Some questionable calls and some clutch hoops kept Kansas from losing.



It might just be me, but it seems that every year the selection committee tries to pit really good mid or small conference teams against eachother in the first round to kind of knock out the "Cinderella".



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Bingo. Such a shame some of the stupid math-ups they put together - on both ends of the spectrum (i.e. 2 great teams or 2 total crap teams).



For example, as you said, Cornell vs. Temple - what a shame, two teams I may have both put deep if they weren't going to knock each other off.



On the other hand...



You have Marquette vs. Washington??? Who cares? Gag me. Washington shouldn't even be in the tournament as far as I'm concerned (aw crap, that's right, they won their horrible conference), and Marquette a 6?! Really?!



Um, can both teams please lose that game? I don't even know which of those crappy teams will win. New Mexico drew the second round game OF A LIFETIME!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.