Archived Topic

Watching the UNLV/SDSU Game...

by Italics · 3/14/2010

Advertisement
I
Italics
Does any team get away with more hand checks and body fouls than UNLV?



BYU's not even in this game and I'm noticing it.
S
SpiffCoug
No, UNLV gets away with more fouls on the perimeter than any team in the conference. And if you'll notice, they've all used up their good shooting game allotment for the month of March. They've started this game 5-17 from the floor (.294) and 1-7 from three (.143). Further proof that for some inexplicable and magical reason, UNLV only knows how to play well against one MWC opponent. That opponent unfortunately happens to be BYU.
I
Italics
kitic77 wrote:
No, UNLV gets away with more fouls on the perimeter than any team in the conference. And if you'll notice, they've all used up their good shooting game allotment for the month of March. They've started this game 5-17 from the floor (.294) and 1-7 from three (.143). Further proof that for some inexplicable and magical reason, UNLV only knows how to play well against one MWC opponent. That opponent unfortunately happens to be BYU.


Personally, if I were a UNLV fan, I'd be pissed (and trashy, classless, poor... amongst other things, but that's besides the point).



Why would I be pissed?



Because my team would be passionless. They get up BIG TIME for 2-3 games a year (BYU), and then allow themselves to do things like lose to Utah twice, and go on 3 game losing skids. UNLV players and fans are probably proud of their 2-0 record against BYU this year on their home court, but if you ask me, they should be embarrassed that beating BYU means so much to them that they do it at the expense of the rest of their season.



This team(UNLV) will not get the calls in the NCAA's they get at home, and I honestly don't expect them to get past round 1. In fact, I think they'll get blown out.
B
BroncoBot
I think you're exactly right Italics. UNLV is simply a mediocre team unless they are playing BYU. I'm still surprised that BYU couldn't get at least one of those 2 games @UNLV.
M
mizzoucoug
Ridiculous. UNLV has nothing to cheer about if they win. Any team in this conference (in the top 4) wins the championship if it's on their court every year. Big deal.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
mizzoucoug wrote:
Ridiculous. UNLV has nothing to cheer about if they win. Any team in this conference (in the top 4) wins the championship if it's on their court every year. Big deal.

Exactly. I love how their fans claim that good teams should be able to win on the road. I'd love to see what they have to say if they moved the MWC tourney to the MC.
J
JamieVallen
part of me wanted UNLV to win this because I wanted to more prove that it's bull crap that UNLV gets such a huge advantage, but I don't really like UNLV and much rather see SDSU in the tournament too.
G
Gunk
jmvcougar wrote:
part of me wanted UNLV to win this because I wanted to more prove that it's bull crap that UNLV gets such a huge advantage, but I don't really like UNLV and much rather see SDSU in the tournament too.


I hear ya. Looks like we're all going to have to stow away our "it's not fair" moaning. Glad SDSU won, though. We beat them twice.
B
BroncoBot
I'm just glad that someone other than UNLV is going to be cutting down the nets. Both teams didn't play great tonight. I think it took a lot out of UNLV to beat BYU.
I
Italics
UNLV against SDSU: 1-2



UNM against SDSU: 1-2



BYU against SDSU: 2-0



(c'mon.. there's gotta be some silver lining after this weekend...)
Advertisement
S
scott715
I know that UNLV has the contract for the tournament. i assume the argument against the 1st seed hosting the tournament is that there is so little time to make arrangements and their stadium might not be available. Why don't they let the one seed choose the site if they can't host it. the pit would be tough. But they might have preferred to play in SLC instead.
B
bigbluepuma
On most years, the logistics of naming the site after the 1 seed is named would be completely impossible, on other years, nearly impossible. Plus, it would cut way down on attendance if people didn't know what to plan. The only options I can see as viable would be to name a neutral site, even a rotating neutral site, or rotating member home sites. That would at least change who has the advantage each year. Then it would be a gamble whether the advantage goes to a top or bottom school, but it wouldn't always favor the same mediocre team, and it would be about as fair as possible.
M
Mars
bigbluepuma wrote:
On most years, the logistics of naming the site after the 1 seed is named would be completely impossible, on other years, nearly impossible. Plus, it would cut way down on attendance if people didn't know what to plan.

Whoever wins the conference one year, hosts the tourny the next year.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.