Archived Topic

TCU

by cougarsunited · 3/12/2010

Advertisement
C
cougarsunited
One point behind at half- what da crap is going on....
B
BroncoBot
this is exactly what I expected from TCU. Although I never thought it would be THIS close.



hopefully 2nd half is a whole different ballgame. I hate Vegas.
B
bigbluepuma
TCU is shooting and hustling lights out. I was pretty burned about the beat down two TCU players gave Abouo on a drive, then stole the ball, and the refs called Abouo for a foul because the guy who knocked him down, tripped over him. :sick: :angry:
B
BroncoBot
bigbluepuma wrote:
TCU is shooting and hustling lights out. I was pretty burned about the beat down two TCU players gave Abouo on a drive, then stole the ball, and the refs called Abouo for a foul because the guy who knocked him down, tripped over him. :sick: :angry:

How about moss throwing himself into abouo, falling down and abouo picking up a foul. that's got to stop in organized basketball cause it's ruining the game.
B
bigbluepuma
We'd have been ahead if JT had passed it off to the open man instead of trying the reverse layup in HEAVY traffic with 45 seconds to go. :~(
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
bigbluepuma wrote:
We'd have been ahead if JT had passed it off to the open man instead of trying the reverse layup in HEAVY traffic with 45 seconds to go. :~(

oh well, 20 minutes of opportunities to make up for it.
B
bigbluepuma
declocoug wrote:
TCU is shooting and hustling lights out. I was pretty burned about the beat down two TCU players gave Abouo on a drive, then stole the ball, and the refs called Abouo for a foul because the guy who knocked him down, tripped over him. :sick: :angry:

How about moss throwing himself into abouo, falling down and abouo picking up a foul. that's got to stop in organized basketball cause it's ruining the game.


You're absolutely right. I have ALWAYS had a problem with a player being able to "create" a foul by sinply jumping into the guy guarding him. That should be a foul on the guy initiating the contact. :angry:
C
cougarsunited
With every passing minute TCU is in this, the game will get progressively harder for us...
B
bigbluepuma
We're not hitting our shots, and all we're doing is shooting threes. TCU is playing our game. This is looking bad. I can't believe it. :sick: :sick: :sulk:
S
Schmoe
Keep the faith, brethren, the ship will be righted by game's end.
Advertisement
C
cougarsunited
No matter how this game'll end, this is just shows how little it takes for an amazing season to go down the drain. Of cours I am talking about the Big Dance, where ANY opponent will be better than TCU, given the way BYU freezes up in the big tournament and looking how this game tonight isn't being cntrolled.... I AM VERY, VERY WORRIED....
B
bigbluepuma
Can you believe the NBA continuation they gave Gregg Bell for a plus one? :angry:
B
bigbluepuma
TCU's getting frustrated, and Fredett's getting excited. This is a good sign. :)
B
bigbluepuma
Jimmer just needs to keep going at them. Even though he doesn't get half the calls that he gets fouled, he is breaking them down. Wow! conference tournament scoring record!! :) :D 8)
C
cougarsunited
Yup,things are starting to look up- going back to my last thought... well, Jimmer might be the difference come this year's Big Dance. I can see the rest of the team freeze up like in years past, but Jimmer really seems to like those situations! :D
Advertisement
B
bigbluepuma
45 points. Of course he's not worthy of POY! TCU quit fouling so that he wouldn't go higher. :skeptic: Great game by the "second" best. 8) :love: 8)
B
bigbluepuma
Post game live guys are saying that, if you asked in January or February, people might have said co-POY, but as the season went on, the UNM player seperated. Funny, all I was hearing on the mountain before the second time Jimmer got sick was Jimmer. :sulk:
B
ByuIcoug
Why not rest Jimmer when you have 10-12 point lead with 4 min to go. Your going to need him if you plan on making it into the final. I know i will get alot of flack for this but, with his health problems why risk him running out of gas.
B
bigbluepuma
ByuIcoug wrote:
Why not rest Jimmer when you have 10-12 point lead with 4 min to go. Your going to need him if you plan on making it into the final. I know i will get alot of flack for this but, with his health problems why risk him running out of gas.


I agree with you, except that, the way TCU was shooting, I don't think this one was a lock with 4 to go, or even with 2 to go. I have seen teams come back from 10 down with 1 min to go, and win the game. I don't think they wanted to take any chance of getting TCU going.
M
mizzoucoug
I'm fine if teams want to scheme for Jimmer. We don't need him to lead the team in scoring most nights. He just occasionally has games where he hits everything he shoots, thus he gets the ball. Loyd is capable of carrying the team any given night so do what it takes to get each win.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.