Archived Topic

Getting to know who controls our fate:

by craigoscarson · 3/11/2010

Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
http://www.bracketography.com/selection-committee/



Of note: (notice anyone that would have no trouble giving us bad seeding and a worse matchup? thankfully those guys are no longer with the committee)



Recent Committee Members:

Mike Slive, Commissioner, SEC

Tom O'Connor, AD, George Mason

Christopher Hill, AD, Utah

Jonathan LeCrone, Commissioner, Horizon League

Gary Walters, AD, Princeton

Craig Littlepage, AD, Virginia

Gerald Myers, AD, Texas Tech

Robert Vowels, Commissioner, SWAC

Karl Benson, Commissioner, WAC

Bob Bowlsby, AD, Iowa (now at Stanford)

Floyd Kerr, Southern Univ (now Morgan St)
E
EM_Puma
Wow, it's hard to believe the current members would be better than the past and these past members did us no favors.
L
Lawboy
I love the number of small school rep's on the committee. I think that bodes well for smaller schools (read: not the BCS conference) to not get shafted. Having said that, I hate that Mike Slive is on the committee. He is a donkey.



I still think BYU gets a #5 if they lose in the conf semis, and a #4 no matter what happens in the MWC Champ game.
S
Schmoe
Lawboy wrote:
I hate that Mike Slive is on the committee. He is a donkey.


You just haven't realized yet that the SEC is God's gift to sports... :sick:
L
Lawboy
The SEC is the best football conference over the last 10+ years, that is certain. As for the rest of their sports, eh, not so much. I just hate the influence they get in every sports-related debate because of how solid their football has been lately. $$$ talks, I guess, and they have the most.
Advertisement
M
Mars
Lawboy wrote:
The SEC is the best football conference over the last 10+ years, that is certain.

Just not statistically, of course. That doesn't matter.
L
Lawboy
Mars wrote:
The SEC is the best football conference over the last 10+ years, that is certain.

Just not statistically, of course. That doesn't matter.




Having the national champ 5 of out 10 years does say something pretty loud. Actually, since the BCS in 1998, they have won 6 of 12. Pretty dominant at the top and no other conference can really claim that consistency or depth.



Not saying they are invincible, just saying there is something to that argument.
M
Mars
Lawboy wrote:
Having the national champ 5 of out 10 years does say something pretty loud.

Yeah. It says, even if you lose at home to Mississippi they'll put you in the "championship game" against Ohio State. Swish.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.