Archived Topic

Harvey Langi????

by Ddawg · 3/9/2010

Advertisement
D
Ddawg
He's a big impressive RB. Lots of talent - lots of upside.



Any of you insiders: Does BYU have a chance w/ Harvey????

8)
L
Lawboy
Ddawg wrote:
He's a big impressive RB. Lots of talent - lots of upside.



Any of you insiders: Does BYU have a chance w/ Harvey????

8)


Considering that we already have 4 kids from Bingham in the 2011 class, I'd say yes. But Harvey is the top rated RB recruit out of Utah since Stanley Havili, and we all know how that worked out. I'd love to see him play for BYU with Q next year. Great depth at RB is a hallamrk of the great BYU team in 1996.
J
jonnylingo
He says we have a shot but if i put my money on it i would say he goes out of state.
B
bigbluepuma
Lawboy wrote:
He's a big impressive RB. Lots of talent - lots of upside.



Any of you insiders: Does BYU have a chance w/ Harvey????

8)


Considering that we already have 4 kids from Bingham in the 2011 class, I'd say yes. But Harvey is the top rated RB recruit out of Utah since Stanley Havili, and we all know how that worked out. I'd love to see him play for BYU with Q next year. Great depth at RB is a hallamrk of the great BYU team in 1996.


It's a hallmark of most great teams. I hope he comes. He'll be a really good one.
M
Mars


He said recently that he doesn't love any of the schools that have offered him to this point. That's a very bad sign for BYU.
Advertisement
A
Anonymous
We don't have a snowball's chance in hell with this kid. He kissed the likes of our program goodbye a long time ago. You can forget about it. Last I heard he's leaning toward's the Yewts. DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another bites the dust. Let's just hope over the next few years BYU can somehow manage a winning season at least once every three or four years and perhaps a bowl win once a decade. I would be happy with that.
B
BroncoBot
pwride wrote:
We don't have a snowball's chance in hell with this kid. He kissed the likes of our program goodbye a long time ago. You can forget about it. Last I heard he's leaning toward's the Yewts. DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another bites the dust. Let's just hope over the next few years BYU can somehow manage a winning season at least once every three or four years and perhaps a bowl win once a decade. I would be happy with that.

??????
A
Anonymous
declocoug wrote:
We don't have a snowball's chance in hell with this kid. He kissed the likes of our program goodbye a long time ago. You can forget about it. Last I heard he's leaning toward's the Yewts. DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another bites the dust. Let's just hope over the next few years BYU can somehow manage a winning season at least once every three or four years and perhaps a bowl win once a decade. I would be happy with that.

??????


So what buddy you don't think BYU can manage one bowl win per decade? Man oh man have our expectations slipped into the gutter of pesimism and doubt. Where's your faith in Bronco, the team and the tradition of BYU football man?
C
craigoscarson
pwride wrote:
We don't have a snowball's chance in hell with this kid. He kissed the likes of our program goodbye a long time ago. You can forget about it. Last I heard he's leaning toward's the Yewts. DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another bites the dust. Let's just hope over the next few years BYU can somehow manage a winning season at least once every three or four years and perhaps a bowl win once a decade. I would be happy with that.


That's funny because I talked to him and several of his Bingham teammates in Dallas and they all just said it was a matter of time before he picks the Cougs.



I also spoke with Jordan Pendletons family and they made it seem like Harvey was a done deal too.



Who knows, but I think he's still ours to lose.
B
bigbluepuma
craigoscarson wrote:
We don't have a snowball's chance in hell with this kid. He kissed the likes of our program goodbye a long time ago. You can forget about it. Last I heard he's leaning toward's the Yewts. DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another bites the dust. Let's just hope over the next few years BYU can somehow manage a winning season at least once every three or four years and perhaps a bowl win once a decade. I would be happy with that.


That's funny because I talked to him and several of his Bingham teammates in Dallas and they all just said it was a matter of time before he picks the Cougs.



I also spoke with Jordan Pendletons family and they made it seem like Harvey was a done deal too.



Who knows, but I think he's still ours to lose.


I can't imagine him not liking BYU, unless he doesn't like the HC. He is good enough to get PT, and ought to know it. I hope the coaches are giving him lots of encouragement. I think he might dominate like the other Harvey.
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
craigoscarson wrote:
We don't have a snowball's chance in hell with this kid. He kissed the likes of our program goodbye a long time ago. You can forget about it. Last I heard he's leaning toward's the Yewts. DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another bites the dust. Let's just hope over the next few years BYU can somehow manage a winning season at least once every three or four years and perhaps a bowl win once a decade. I would be happy with that.


That's funny because I talked to him and several of his Bingham teammates in Dallas and they all just said it was a matter of time before he picks the Cougs.



I also spoke with Jordan Pendletons family and they made it seem like Harvey was a done deal too.



Who knows, but I think he's still ours to lose.


There ya go!!!!! Mongo like! I'll keep my fingers crossed & hope the right BYU coach can connect & make it happen. I would love top see H. Langi rip defenses for the Cougs!!!! C'mon Harvey - get on the "A" train!!

:crazy:
S
sandiegoblue
My son goes to the same school and he has heard conflicting opinions about where Langi will end up. He has also seen Harvey wearing Ute and BYU jerseys at school. I will check with someone I know who is in the know about most Bingham HS footballers this weekend and report back on here in a couple days.
D
Ddawg
sandiegoblue wrote:
My son goes to the same school and he has heard conflicting opinions about where Langi will end up. He has also seen Harvey wearing Ute and BYU jerseys at school. I will check with someone I know who is in the know about most Bingham HS footballers this weekend and report back on here in a couple days.


Hey thanks!!!!! Keep us posted!! Harvey is the real deal. Hope he's a Coug!!

8)
S
scott715
Quick somebody give him some cool BYU jerseys and gear. Wait that could be against the rules. Maybe his teammates could do something to persuade him.
C
CougarClaw
Let's say we do get him. Won't he be like our 14th running back on the team? Are we now only recruiting RBs? Last I heard scout. Com said we'd be lucky to field a two deep at the opine position and our d is replacing all of it's playmakers. Why more rbs?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Because RBs are very versatile. They can play myriad positions. They can play RB. Beef up and they're a FB or a S. Slim down and maybe they're a CB. They could also easily switch to LB.



It's like recruiting a TE. They can stay there or move to OLB or DE (So'oto). Or put on some weight and play OT (Hansen)
D
Ddawg
kitic77 wrote:
Because RBs are very versatile. They can play myriad positions. They can play RB. Beef up and they're a FB or a S. Slim down and maybe they're a CB. They could also easily switch to LB.



It's like recruiting a TE. They can stay there or move to OLB or DE (So'oto). Or put on some weight and play OT (Hansen)


Oh yeah!! Also - between the injuries (which always plague RB's) & and needing fresh legs (rotations) - it never hurts to have lots of horses in the barn!! LOL!!!

:crazy:
G
gmj81
CougarClaw wrote:
Let's say we do get him. Won't he be like our 14th running back on the team? Are we now only recruiting RBs? Last I heard scout. Com said we'd be lucky to field a two deep at the opine position and our d is replacing all of it's playmakers. Why more rbs?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


A.) You don't just not recruit a kid this talented because you've got a lot of others at his 'position'. And we've recruited the OL very well of late, we just have a lot of guys who are injured right now. When the program is really running at full strength, depth shouldn't be too much of a concern at any position and we'll always be looking to find better talent than what we've currently got on roster.



B.) Most of the 'RBs' on roster now or this fall will be gone or will have changed positions by the time Langi sets foot on campus. DiLuigi and Kariya have two years left, others will be departing on missions, and guys like Phillips or Brown could end up at slot receiver or fullback respectively. All the guys in the program currently listed as RBs are really a collection of fullbacks and tailbacks.
L
Lawboy
Jay Drew at the Trib had recruiting update on Harvey. He says in state he is leaning to BYU. Out of state Stanford is tops. No offer from USC yet. Has offers from BYU, Utah, Colorado, UCLA, Stanford and others. Sounds like if USC offers, he might go with them.



“In state, it would be BYU," Langi told Fischer. "Out of state it would probably be somewhere they run the rock. Somewhere like, out of my offers, Stanford right now. I'm just trying to look for schools that run the ball a lot.”



http://blogs.sltrib.com/recruiting/index.php
Y
Ygridiron4ever
Lawboy wrote:
. ....Sounds like if USC offers, he might go with them.



http://blogs.sltrib.com/recruiting/index.php


Speaking of SC, this morning Collin Cowhurd was doing a lead-in to a story about USC being investigagted for having a paid consultant on the sidelines during practices and games and that Reggie Bush now admits to taking the $300k loan, and that the NCAA will probably be coming down VERY hard on SC very soon. I had to get out of the car so I did not hear the full report. Anybody hear new allegations against Pete Caroll today?



Would Harvey still seriously consider SC?
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.