Archived Topic

Since it is the offseason

by crazycougar84601 · 3/8/2010

Advertisement
C
crazycougar84601
And I am stuck in school, and I am having football withdrawls, I have decided to do my final project in my 3D Computer Modeling class on lavell edwards stadium...thought i would share with you.



I will update as I progress...I hope to have a new stadium model sometime this summer. I open to any ideas you guys might have.


LaVell Edwards Staduim.jpg
S
Schmoe
Gotta put another extra section of seats above the east bleachers, there's gotta be a way to get 80,000 fans in there!
G
GolfDiveNCougs
That's awesome, crazycougar! One request, though... Everybody (including Tom Holmoe) is saying we can't fill in the corners because the slopes are different between the sideline stands and endzone stands. I wanted to hop on my computer, pull up Unigraphics, show EXACTLY how it could be done... then I remembered that I can't just pull up a $20,000 software package on my PC at home; it was much easier before graduating and putting a good thousand miles between me and the Crabtree building.

PLEASE show in your design how it can be done! It's really easy, just like a section of circular staircase: Any two slopes, no matter how much steeper or shallower one is than the other, can be connected by lines/planes at the same lateral heights (i.e. parallel with the ground). The distance between these lines will be wider along the shallower rise, of course, but in this case, the slopes aren't so different that each "row level" wouldn't overlap (all it would mean is that the end of the row nearer the shallower slope would have slightly more legroom).



I just like that idea much better than a 2nd level behind the student section. Call me a romantic (or its football equivalent), but I'm in the camp that wants to keep the view of the mountains. Hey, I was there between '02 and '06. In a LOT of games during those years, the scenery was about the only pretty thing to look at!
S
SpiffCoug
I want backs to the bleachers before anything else.
C
CougarClaw
Where are the dinosaur bones? And room for all the food storage that will feed all BYU students for 72 hours?



And where do they keep the golden plates?



and Himmy Hoffa? oh wait. That's Giants stadium.
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
They need to enclose the North bleachers, then fill it full of students on that end in the lower section, push CC members to the South end. The close the South end later. Then add a 2nd level later. Enclosing the ends out to increase capacity by 12K or so.
D
Ddawg
kitic77 wrote:
I want backs to the bleachers before anything else.


Copy that!!!! LOL!!!!

:crazy:
C
Cougy_Monster
I don't care what it takes....but I really want someday to be sitting in the Lavell Edwards Bowl, with all for corners filled in.



We have to keep the view of the east mountains. I vote no on an upper deck.
B
BYULV
Ddawg wrote:
I want backs to the bleachers before anything else.


Copy that!!!! LOL!!!!

:crazy:


Count your blessings, at least we have bleachers, unlike these saps up north:



http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/ust/graphics/auto/Romneystadium.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



That cement is all they have in the south end of their stadium. I was a bit surprised and uncomfortable when I went up to the BYU game there 2 yrs ago. But, their saving grace was Coke Zero on tap :D
S
Schmoe
What if you filled in the corners and put an upper deck on both endzones or over the boxes on the west bleachers?
Advertisement
C
CannonCougar85
I have a crazy awesome idea. Above the south bleachers build a restaurant that is open year round. It has big glass windows so that you can come anytime during the year and just gaze over the field with the mountain backdrop while having lunch. I have no idea how it could be done but I would eat there once a week at least.

:D :D
J
jonnylingo
Question. For how many years has the stadium been selling out?
S
SpiffCoug
The last three. I think our sell out streak is currently at 18. Nebraska is currently above 300 consecutive sellouts.
C
Cougy_Monster
Stadium restaurants are the coolest.
C
crazycougar84601
Alright, got the press box walls up. I am going to have to take another look at the towers. I have section plans on the way that will assist me in the grandstands.
Advertisement
C
crazycougar84601
CannonCougar85 wrote:
I have a crazy awesome idea. Above the south bleachers build a restaurant that is open year round. It has big glass windows so that you can come anytime during the year and just gaze over the field with the mountain backdrop while having lunch. I have no idea how it could be done but I would eat there once a week at least.

:D :D


I love this idea! After i am finished with my model for class I will incorporate this idea into the new stadium model. Maybe put the resturant into one of the corners to help fill in the "bowl"
C
crazycougar84601
Here is a quick draft render


LES Draft Render.jpg
B
BigCougsFan
Dude... That is awesome! I read the first few posts on this topic. Is it serious impossible to fill in the corners with seats like Holmoe mentioned???



The stadium would be something to reckon with IF the corners were filled in. I love it now, but that addition would be insane!
C
crazycougar84601
BigCougsFan wrote:
Dude... That is awesome! I read the first few posts on this topic. Is it serious impossible to fill in the corners with seats like Holmoe mentioned???



The stadium would be something to reckon with IF the corners were filled in. I love it now, but that addition would be insane!


From my perspective, from working with the CAD drawings, filling in the corners does present some problems. The north and south stands are built further back then the east and west stands. That makes the infill un even. If the curve of the stands extends with the current radius it would extend above the pressboxes and would be further behind on the field level. Not that those things couldn't be hidden in the architecture somehow. I would be real interested in seeing what the slope might be, once my class drawings are done I will model the stadium as a bowl, and a U shape, maybe even an upper deck somewhere



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
bengel
I love the idea of an expanded stadium filled with fans wearing Cougar colors willing to rise and shout in support of our team. I do, however, have a request. Will someone please work on traffic and parking.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.