Archived Topic

Predicting Tournament Games

by hawkwing · 3/5/2010

Advertisement
G
Guest
I've added three games for the MWC Tourney. I want to give everyone a chance to make their predictions for all three possible games for the Cougars, assuming we are to make it to the final game. Rather than wait till the results of one game one night and then frantically add the next nights game and hope people can make their predictions. So feel free to make your predictions for all the games, if BYU does happen to get knocked out earlier than we hope, I will simply delete the remaining games and your predictions will go away.
M
Mars


I won the prediction contest for the 3rd game against TCU with 38 points, though I had no idea the Frogs would shoot nearly as well as they did (both percentages above 50!). If UNLV duplicates that we lose to the Rebels by double-digits...



Make your picks for our 2nd game @ UNLV soon, as tip-off is 9:30pm MST! I for one am NOT picking our Cougars to win, sadly. :~(



http://www.cougarcorner.com/bball_predictions.php
U
urroner
Mars wrote:


I won the prediction contest for the 3rd game against TCU with 38 points, though I had no idea the Frogs would shoot nearly as well as they did (both percentages above 50!). If UNLV duplicates that we lose to the Rebels by double-digits...



Make your picks for our 2nd game @ UNLV soon, as tip-off is 9:30pm MST! I for one am NOT picking our Cougars to win, sadly. :~(



http://www.cougarcorner.com/bball_predictions.php

If I do well, I'll break into the top 30 before the night is through. :crazy:



Come tomorrow morning, I want to be chanting "I'm #29!! I'm #29!!!"
M
Mars


Congrats to bluesince82 with 34 points! http://www.cougarcorner.com/bball_predictions.php



Also congrats to coachK and cougdoc for recently breaking the 1000 point mark!!



Next game: NCAA Tourny, 1st (and hopefully not last) round!
M
Mars


Quick Thoughts:



Umm...



~Miles basically sat this whole game (only 5 minutes, 0 points, 0 rebounds). I guess Davies may not be "the starter", but he's clearly the future.



~Only one player scored more than 11 points. Only two scored more than 8. That's bad for BYU.



~At the end of the game, we were missing Haws (eye), Morgan (injury), Emery (5 fouls), and Abouo (5 fouls). Anderson, Zylstra, and Magnusson didn't play a second of this game. I thought Abouo's fouls hurt us particularly badly, as many of them were foolish plays.



~UNLV shot 55.6%. TCU shot above 50% as well. Our D needs a lot of work in the off-season, and will likely cost us in the Big Dance. Like usual.



http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/boxscore?gid=201003120401
Advertisement
M
Mars


P.S.



Haws has made 38 free throws in a row now.

After going 12-for-12 @ UNLV, Jimmer has now made 33 in a row.



BYU's record, set by Fredette this year, is 39.
A
AmmonCougar1
Mars wrote:


P.S.



Haws has made 38 free throws in a row now.

After going 12-for-12 @ UNLV, Jimmer has now made 33 in a row.



BYU's record, set by Fredette this year, is 39.


So if Haws' eye keeps him out of the NCAA tourney for some reason, then he stands to continue that record 3 seasons from now. That will be weird.



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.