Archived Topic

BYU at Arkansas

by hawkwing · 9/13/2023

Advertisement
G
Guest
Saturday September 16, 2023

5:30 PM MT

📍Razorback Stadium, Arkansas



What to wear

🔵 🔵 🔵 🔵 🔵



Channel: ESPN2
S
scott715
I wish I was going. too far and too much to do.
G
Guest
Same here.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
This one is a big barometer for the season. I like that it is on ESPN2 and then Kansas and Cincy are ESPN.



Cougars have a big opportunity here in week 3. If we upset Arkansas it shows we have a program on the rise. Keeping it close and interesting into the 4th I do think is possible. I am really hoping the O-line can block for the run and we can have choices on how to attack on offense. Offense HAS to make some big plays.



Defense needs to force a turnover or have a big special teams play to silence a packed crowd. I would be thrilled to hear a B-Y-U chant while our defense finds a way to stop Jefferson. It would be a statement for the program to make this one be like the turnaround we saw with Wisconsin, i.e., they dismantle us at home, then the next year we pull off the upset. Kalani and team have the ability to do it here, but this one feels like we need a near perfect game.



Let's see Kedon light up 20-30 yard pass with some play action. Let's see a run game pound an SEC d-line and find a way to win in the trenches. Let's see receivers get some serious yards after carry and lay the boom on run block.



I think we have a shot, and I never bet against the Cougs. I'm going with the upset here BYU 24 Arkansas 21. We gotta be +2 in the turnover margin and play all out to make it even close. Arkansas is really good.
F
frdbtr
I feel about this game like I did Baylor last year. I think BYU wins this game and then loses to Kansas. It will be close like last years baylor game so I say 24-17
Advertisement
S
Sammich
Our players look slow out there. I've never really believed in the idea of SEC speed, but the way our players are running, it's confirming whatever bias there may be to the idea.
S
Sammich
BYU wins it! And they looked good while doing it, in spite of the first two scores. :)
S
scott715
+1 turnovers and they had a ton of penalties. Nice win
G
Guest
Huge game and bigger win by the Cougars. I won't lie, I was counting them out after the first 4 minutes. But then that come back was amazing.
N
nuk13
This may be one of their biggest upsets. Arkansas is always tough. Beating them at home is amazing.
Advertisement
S
scott715
I'm afraid they will struggle this season. Their all-star RB is still out and their OL is a shambles.
F
frdbtr
Good win for BYU. Winning in the SEC can never be taken lightly. I have felt for a year that BYU was going to get revenge for last year in this game. I hope I'm wrong but I feel that the Kansas game is going to be our first loss. The defense under Jay Hill is legit so frankly, we will have a chance to win every game with that.
S
scott715
I think turnovers will be key on Saturday. If we could get our OL fixed we could be a very dangerous team.
N
nuk13
I just watched the highlights. Rex isn't just a great receiving tight end his block put Kingston in the end zone. Kingston is only a freshman. I hope Rex comes back next year.
S
scott715
Arkansas was leading LSU but now is down 4.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.