Archived Topic

I Hate to Brag But...

by FurriousCougar · 3/4/2010

Advertisement
F
FurriousCougar
I'm gonna take this opportunity to say that I told you so about the NM game being a blessing in disguise in terms of Loyd.
U
urroner
Loyd was awesome tonight.
B
BroncoBot
What a bragger/jerk.



Good call.
S
Schmoe
I believe it's braggart/jerk, and don't leave out Davies!
M
mizzoucoug
I feel a million times more confident when Davies and Abuou are out there FWIW. Davies will go down in history as the best big man to play at BYU--next year he'll be as good as Keena and then he'll have 2 years to build on that. Imagine this team with a guy that draws double teams....Oh yeah!
Advertisement
G
Gunk
I kind of a prefer a Davies/Loyd one-two punch over a single Jimmer punch.



This is great though. We need some extra horses going into the end of the season. With Loyd playing the way he is, we don't need Jimmer running the floor 35 min a game.
S
Schmoe
You could move Jimmer over to the two and have a Loyd/Jimmer/Davies one-two-three combo, or you could have Jimmer in with Davies and have a Jimmer/Davies one-two punch, or...
G
Gunk
Schmoe wrote:
You could move Jimmer over to the two and have a Loyd/Jimmer/Davies one-two-three combo, or you could have Jimmer in with Davies and have a Jimmer/Davies one-two punch, or...


I like that Loyd/Davies/Jimmer combo. Very potent. Doubt we'll see it though. Jimmer is good at point, but I think he'd be even better at shooting guard. Maybe next season. What other PG guards do we have coming in?
M
Metal Bubba
I love that Loyd & Davies are taking advantage of the opportunity. I just hope Jimmer doesn't slump here at the end.
C
cougarsunited
As far as losing to UNM, I don't see how the emergence of Lloyd is a blessing in disguise... He would have been discovered even if JT had blocked out on that stupid offensive rebound (not to mention his missed three) and we had won the game. There is no blessing that I can see in the fact that:



1. BYU's best record ends without a Conference Championship.

2. We play UNLV in their house in the second round of the MWC tournament.

3. Dropping from a potential 2/3 seed to as low as a 8 maybe 9 seed (and you know if we lose to UNLV in the second round those NCAA jerks won't put us higher than a 7 seed).

4. Even if we make it past round one or two in the NCAA, we won't play in Salt Lake... NEW MEXICO WILL.



Wow, lot's of little disguised blessing... now think about what the above picture would look like had JT done his thing right and we had won that game... Lloyd would have been a discovery no matter what, there is no sense in that reasoning....
Advertisement
S
Short_Change
cougarsunited wrote:
As far as losing to UNM, I don't see how the emergence of Lloyd is a blessing in disguise... He would have been discovered even if JT had blocked out on that stupid offensive rebound (not to mention his missed three) and we had won the game. There is no blessing that I can see in the fact that:



1. BYU's best record ends without a Conference Championship.

2. We play UNLV in their house in the second round of the MWC tournament.

3. Dropping from a potential 2/3 seed to as low as a 8 maybe 9 seed (and you know if we lose to UNLV in the second round those NCAA jerks won't put us higher than a 7 seed).

4. Even if we make it past round one or two in the NCAA, we won't play in Salt Lake... NEW MEXICO WILL.



Wow, lot's of little disguised blessing... now think about what the above picture would look like had JT done his thing right and we had won that game... Lloyd would have been a discovery no matter what, there is no sense in that reasoning....


Look at the whole picture buddy!

1. Winning the conference championship didn't do us any favors in the past.

2. I'd rather play UNLV in the 2nd round than in the championship where there will be more Rebel fans and there will be more on the line.

3. Loyd's experience gives us a much better chance at winning the tournament. BTW, Loyd was a big reason we beat UNLV at home. He was too quick for their guards. Now he'll play more no doubt. When we win the tourney we'll be a 2 or 3 seed, IMO.

4. You're fourth point doesn't even make sense. No one knows who will play where.

5. Blaming JT on the loss makes you look really silly.
F
FurriousCougar
cougarsunited wrote:
As far as losing to UNM, I don't see how the emergence of Lloyd is a blessing in disguise... He would have been discovered even if JT had blocked out on that stupid offensive rebound (not to mention his missed three) and we had won the game. There is no blessing that I can see in the fact that:



1. BYU's best record ends without a Conference Championship.

2. We play UNLV in their house in the second round of the MWC tournament.

3. Dropping from a potential 2/3 seed to as low as a 8 maybe 9 seed (and you know if we lose to UNLV in the second round those NCAA jerks won't put us higher than a 7 seed).

4. Even if we make it past round one or two in the NCAA, we won't play in Salt Lake... NEW MEXICO WILL.



Wow, lot's of little disguised blessing... now think about what the above picture would look like had JT done his thing right and we had won that game... Lloyd would have been a discovery no matter what, there is no sense in that reasoning....


Here's the thing, Jimmer has a crappy first half (not entirely his fault), which I think anyone could make a reasonable argument costs us the game. If Jimmer isn't playing crappy, Lloyd never plays that game.



Furthermore, if we are blowing them out of the water the whole game, or even just beating them instead of playing from behind, I have a feeling Lloyd isn't stepping it up like he did.
B
BroncoBot
Short_Change wrote:
As far as losing to UNM, I don't see how the emergence of Lloyd is a blessing in disguise... He would have been discovered even if JT had blocked out on that stupid offensive rebound (not to mention his missed three) and we had won the game. There is no blessing that I can see in the fact that:



1. BYU's best record ends without a Conference Championship.

2. We play UNLV in their house in the second round of the MWC tournament.

3. Dropping from a potential 2/3 seed to as low as a 8 maybe 9 seed (and you know if we lose to UNLV in the second round those NCAA jerks won't put us higher than a 7 seed).

4. Even if we make it past round one or two in the NCAA, we won't play in Salt Lake... NEW MEXICO WILL.



Wow, lot's of little disguised blessing... now think about what the above picture would look like had JT done his thing right and we had won that game... Lloyd would have been a discovery no matter what, there is no sense in that reasoning....


Look at the whole picture buddy!

1. Winning the conference championship didn't do us any favors in the past.

2. I'd rather play UNLV in the 2nd round than in the championship where there will be more Rebel fans and there will be more on the line.

3. Loyd's experience gives us a much better chance at winning the tournament. BTW, Loyd was a big reason we beat UNLV at home. He was too quick for their guards. Now he'll play more no doubt. When we win the tourney we'll be a 2 or 3 seed, IMO.

4. You're fourth point doesn't even make sense. No one knows who will play where.

5. Blaming JT on the loss makes you look really silly.

I could not believe that loyd didn't play more in LV. He was AWESOME against UNLV @MC. Fredette looked a little lost that game (but so did the whole team). I'm hoping Loyd gets at least 15 minutes vs Rebels in the tourney.
S
Short_Change
I didn't see the game at UNLV (thankfully), but looked up Loyd's stats for the game and you're right. He only played 10 min vs 16 at home. He only put up two shots though. I guarantee you that he'll have a much bigger role vs UNLV next time as well as anyone else really. Rose would be stupid not to play him more.
C
cougarsunited
Short_Change wrote:
As far as losing to UNM, I don't see how the emergence of Lloyd is a blessing in disguise... He would have been discovered even if JT had blocked out on that stupid offensive rebound (not to mention his missed three) and we had won the game. There is no blessing that I can see in the fact that:



1. BYU's best record ends without a Conference Championship.

2. We play UNLV in their house in the second round of the MWC tournament.

3. Dropping from a potential 2/3 seed to as low as a 8 maybe 9 seed (and you know if we lose to UNLV in the second round those NCAA jerks won't put us higher than a 7 seed).

4. Even if we make it past round one or two in the NCAA, we won't play in Salt Lake... NEW MEXICO WILL.



Wow, lot's of little disguised blessing... now think about what the above picture would look like had JT done his thing right and we had won that game... Lloyd would have been a discovery no matter what, there is no sense in that reasoning....


Look at the whole picture buddy!1. Winning the conference championship didn't do us any favors in the past.

2. I'd rather play UNLV in the 2nd round than in the championship where there will be more Rebel fans and there will be more on the line.

3. Loyd's experience gives us a much better chance at winning the tournament. BTW, Loyd was a big reason we beat UNLV at home. He was too quick for their guards. Now he'll play more no doubt. When we win the tourney we'll be a 2 or 3 seed, IMO.

4. You're fourth point doesn't even make sense. No one knows who will play where.

5. Blaming JT on the loss makes you look really silly.


I just did look at the whole picture... Now to your reasoning:



1. There will be NO difference in Rebel attendance or intensity or anything of that sort if we play them a game before the championship game. THAT MAKES NO SENSE at all, read your comment twice, you'll know what I am talking about.

2. How would Lloyds experience be different if at the end we had scored 2-3 more points??? I am not saying we didn't want a close game, I just think that that loss disguises no blessing...

3. Unless UNM loses first round they are going to play in the West. We can only play in the East or in the West because we don't play Sunday. They will only pick one of the two and BECAUSE of that loss the stupid NCAA will send us East again... just wait.

4. I am not blaming JT on the loss, but I am saying that he screwed up, I love that kid, but he'll be the first to tell ya that he should have blocked out...



And yes, winning the Conference hasn't helped us in our past trips to the NCAA, but it is winning a Conference Championship, how does that not matter to you?
Advertisement
S
Short_Change
cougarsunited wrote:
cougarsunited wrote:
As far as losing to UNM, I don't see how the emergence of Lloyd is a blessing in disguise... He would have been discovered even if JT had blocked out on that stupid offensive rebound (not to mention his missed three) and we had won the game. There is no blessing that I can see in the fact that:



1. BYU's best record ends without a Conference Championship.

2. We play UNLV in their house in the second round of the MWC tournament.

3. Dropping from a potential 2/3 seed to as low as a 8 maybe 9 seed (and you know if we lose to UNLV in the second round those NCAA jerks won't put us higher than a 7 seed).

4. Even if we make it past round one or two in the NCAA, we won't play in Salt Lake... NEW MEXICO WILL.



Wow, lot's of little disguised blessing... now think about what the above picture would look like had JT done his thing right and we had won that game... Lloyd would have been a discovery no matter what, there is no sense in that reasoning....


Look at the whole picture buddy!1. Winning the conference championship didn't do us any favors in the past.

2. I'd rather play UNLV in the 2nd round than in the championship where there will be more Rebel fans and there will be more on the line.

3. Loyd's experience gives us a much better chance at winning the tournament. BTW, Loyd was a big reason we beat UNLV at home. He was too quick for their guards. Now he'll play more no doubt. When we win the tourney we'll be a 2 or 3 seed, IMO.

4. You're fourth point doesn't even make sense. No one knows who will play where.

5. Blaming JT on the loss makes you look really silly.


I just did look at the whole picture... Now to your reasoning:



1. There will be NO difference in Rebel attendance or intensity or anything of that sort if we play them a game before the championship game. THAT MAKES NO SENSE at all, read your comment twice, you'll know what I am talking about.

2. How would Lloyds experience be different if at the end we had scored 2-3 more points??? I am not saying we didn't want a close game, I just think that that loss disguises no blessing...

3. Unless UNM loses first round they are going to play in the West. We can only play in the East or in the West because we don't play Sunday. They will only pick one of the two and BECAUSE of that loss the stupid NCAA will send us East again... just wait.

4. I am not blaming JT on the loss, but I am saying that he screwed up, I love that kid, but he'll be the first to tell ya that he should have blocked out...



And yes, winning the Conference hasn't helped us in our past trips to the NCAA, but it is winning a Conference Championship, how does that not matter to you?


1. It does makes sense and let me explain. This is a tournament which means a fan can go to any game. When we play UNLV in the second round there more than likely will be a lot of UNM's fans watching and waiting to see who they play. IMO, the Rebel fans will also be more crazy during a championship game than a 2nd round game, but that's just my opinion.

2. I see what you're saying. We still could have won at the end if it weren't for some mistakes, which weren't all JT's.

3. There is still a lot of ball to be played and according to the seeds that the MWC champ and tourney champ have received the committee rewards the tourney champ more handsomely. If BYU wins the tourney then we will get the better NCAA seed, IMO. Right now, no one knows where they'll play much less UNM or BYU.



I never said I didn't care about winning the conference championship, but the tournament means more to me since the committee seems to care about that more. I wonder why, well uh they are seeding these teams to play in a tournament where you play on a neutral field. Right now we are better prepared for the MWC and NCAA tournaments and had we won the MWC champ I don't think we'd be as hungry.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.