Archived Topic

Madsen

by nuk13 · 3/31/2023

Advertisement
N
nuk13
Madsen was just hired by California. I was hoping he'd come to BYU.
B
byufan4ever
Yeah, but Pope would have to leave or be fired first so Madsen would have to wait. I do wonder how things would have turned out if Madsen had been hired instead of Pope. I think Pope previously being an assistant at BYU made him a shoe-in. Plus Pope did do well at UVU while Madsen had yet to coach at the college level (I believe). Now that we are a P5 school maybe Madsen comes in a few years if it doesn't work out for him at Cal.
N
nuk13
byufan4ever wrote:

Yeah, but Pope would have to leave or be fired first so Madsen would have to wait. I do wonder how things would have turned out if Madsen had been hired instead of Pope. I think Pope previously being an assistant at BYU made him a shoe-in. Plus Pope did do well at UVU while Madsen had yet to coach at the college level (I believe). Now that we are a P5 school maybe Madsen comes in a few years if it doesn't work out for him at Cal.

I believe this to be the case.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.