Archived Topic

Coaching changes at BYU

by Fido · 12/6/2022

Advertisement
F
Fido
Here is a thread to capture all the coaching changes coming out as they are starting to be many.



We know that Tuiaki stepped down as Defensive Coordinator, and have reports that Kelly Poppinga is coming in on the defensive staff somewhere.



Now we hear that Ed Lamb is being named as Head Coach at Northern Colorado (FCS).
1600272625619673088
F
Fido
1600194617420312576

BYU analyst DJ Williams has accepted the cornerbacks coach position at Northern Colorado, per source.

@PeteThamel first.



Williams was on BYU's staff for one year. He's a former star player at Utah State. Moving up the college coaching ladder.
B
byufan4ever
Fido wrote:

Here is a thread to capture all the coaching changes coming out as they are starting to be many.



We know that Tuiaki stepped down as Defensive Coordinator, and have reports that Kelly Poppinga is coming in on the defensive staff somewhere.



Now we hear that Ed Lamb is being named as Head Coach at Northern Colorado (FCS).
1600178913048956928


I guess this should make Cougar fans happy. He seemed to be public enemy #2 after Tuiaki. Glad to see that he's landing on his feet and will still be coaching. I thought that he was a good hire at the time and it's now time to part ways. I wish him nothing but the best. Also, I believe that there was a Deep Blue about him and his son who is very autistic.
F
Fido
Total Blue Sports is reporting that Lamb was let go at the same time as Tuiaki--but BYU waited to publicize so he could announce where he is going.


1600233250026229760
F
Fido
Kelly Poppinga's role clarified.
1600535617695203328
Special teams coordinator/Defensive Assistant Coach
Advertisement
F
Fido
1601975597483302936

Source: NorthernColorado is set to hire Southern Utah offensive coordinator Blair Peterson for the same role; BYU defensive ends coach Preston Hadley as defensive coordinator and BYU assistant Justin Walterscheid as special teams coordinator.
B
byufan4ever
So Tuiaki is not going to Northern Colorado then?
J
jadesroom
I've heard Idaho State as a possible/probable Tuiaki destination
F
Fido
1602384333649547265

Kalani Sitake confirmed that strength coaches Nu'u Tafisi and Justin McClure will not be retained going forward.
B
byufan4ever
Fido wrote:

1602384333649547265

Kalani Sitake confirmed that strength coaches Nu'u Tafisi and Justin McClure will not be retained going forward.


I've heard Jordan Pendleton's name as someone the fans want. If he's LDS he'll need to have a temple recommend. Not sure what his status is.
Advertisement
F
Fido
1602842231450247169
BYU Offensive Graduate Assistant Spencer Patterson gets an opportunity to be offensive line coach at Northern Colorado with Ed Lamb. He joins Preston Hadley (defensive coordinator) there.
S
scott715
They were also excited about this hire. I have never heard of him, so I know nothing.
S
scott715
Note that article is from a year ago. He is back into coaching now.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.