Archived Topic

Blue White Game Info

by AmmonCougar1 · 3/1/2010

Advertisement
A
AmmonCougar1
I seem to recall that the Blue/White Game this year is on April 10. Is this correct? I could find no thread dealing with the subject in a quick search. Also, where can I find out the time for the event and what other activities can I count on for my kids?



Thanks for any help you can give me.



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
S
SpiffCoug
I don't think a decision has been made yet by the football program to hold a blue/white game. It has been cancelled the last two years and Bronco has already implied he may go 3 for 3.
A
AmmonCougar1
I just got off the phone with the BYU football office people and was told that spring practices begin March 15th and that if there is a game (they said Bronco announced on LOI day that it was dependent on the number of healthy players available) then it will be Saturday April 10, 2010. The lady thought 11a but was very clearn to say she did not know for sure.



My next question is what BYU football activities are available for me and my kids to do before and after the game (assuming the play it)? Autographs? Pics? Go on the field? etc? Any info helps. Thanks again!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
G
Guest
AmmonCougar1 wrote:
I just got off the phone with the BYU football office people and was told that spring practices begin March 15th and that if there is a game (they said Bronco announced on LOI day that it was dependent on the number of healthy players available) then it will be Saturday April 10, 2010. The lady thought 11a but was very clearn to say she did not know for sure.



My next question is what BYU football activities are available for me and my kids to do before and after the game (assuming the play it)? Autographs? Pics? Go on the field? etc? Any info helps. Thanks again!D




In years past, they have allowed Children onto the field to run position specific drills, the kids can rotate between positions where players at that position help them run the drills. There unfortunately isn't usually time for pictures with the athletes or autographs at this function, but they do that at the Fall kickoff, usually in mid-August.
J
jonnylingo
AmmonCougar1 wrote:
I just got off the phone with the BYU football office people and was told that spring practices begin March 15th and that if there is a game (they said Bronco announced on LOI day that it was dependent on the number of healthy players available) then it will be Saturday April 10, 2010. The lady thought 11a but was very clearn to say she did not know for sure.



My next question is what BYU football activities are available for me and my kids to do before and after the game (assuming the play it)? Autographs? Pics? Go on the field? etc? Any info helps. Thanks again!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID


If i were a betting man, I would say there is not going to be a blue and white game this year. Bronco wants as little to do with the fans as possible. Especially those die hard ones.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
kitic77 wrote:
I don't think a decision has been made yet by the football program to hold a blue/white game. It has been cancelled the last two years and Bronco has already implied he may go 3 for 3.




Last year was the only year that the spring game has been cancelled, not the last 2 years like you said. It was only cancelled due to field conditions and as you saw in the FS game, it was cancelled for good reason.
F
frdbtr
jonnylingo wrote:
I just got off the phone with the BYU football office people and was told that spring practices begin March 15th and that if there is a game (they said Bronco announced on LOI day that it was dependent on the number of healthy players available) then it will be Saturday April 10, 2010. The lady thought 11a but was very clearn to say she did not know for sure.



My next question is what BYU football activities are available for me and my kids to do before and after the game (assuming the play it)? Autographs? Pics? Go on the field? etc? Any info helps. Thanks again!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID


If i were a betting man, I would say there is not going to be a blue and white game this year. Bronco wants as little to do with the fans as possible. Especially those die hard ones.




This is the biggest crock of crap that has ever been stated on this website. Just because Bronco goes to bat for one of his players against the fans (when losers were calling for Max to be benched last year) doesn't mean that Bronco hates all fans. Bronco hates ignorant fans the boo him on his coaching debut and ignorant fans that want a 3 year starter benched because he throws a couple of interceptions. Sorry for the rant, I get irritated sometimes when people make blanket statements without any basis in fact.
W
Wickchad
frdbtr wrote:
AmmonCougar1 wrote:
I just got off the phone with the BYU football office people and was told that spring practices begin March 15th and that if there is a game (they said Bronco announced on LOI day that it was dependent on the number of healthy players available) then it will be Saturday April 10, 2010. The lady thought 11a but was very clearn to say she did not know for sure.



My next question is what BYU football activities are available for me and my kids to do before and after the game (assuming the play it)? Autographs? Pics? Go on the field? etc? Any info helps. Thanks again!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID


If i were a betting man, I would say there is not going to be a blue and white game this year. Bronco wants as little to do with the fans as possible. Especially those die hard ones.




This is the biggest crock of crap that has ever been stated on this website. Just because Bronco goes to bat for one of his players against the fans (when losers were calling for Max to be benched last year) doesn't mean that Bronco hates all fans. Bronco hates ignorant fans the boo him on his coaching debut and ignorant fans that want a 3 year starter benched because he throws a couple of interceptions. Sorry for the rant, I get irritated sometimes when people make blanket statements without any basis in fact.


I actually get the impression that Bronco has an antagonistic (if that's a word) relationship with the fans right now. Bronco deserved to be booed in his first game coached. He conceded the game by punting when we were down by two scores with time left for a comeback. I still agree with that boo. I don't agree with the idiots calling for Max to be benched though.
F
frdbtr
Wickchad84087 wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:
I just got off the phone with the BYU football office people and was told that spring practices begin March 15th and that if there is a game (they said Bronco announced on LOI day that it was dependent on the number of healthy players available) then it will be Saturday April 10, 2010. The lady thought 11a but was very clearn to say she did not know for sure.



My next question is what BYU football activities are available for me and my kids to do before and after the game (assuming the play it)? Autographs? Pics? Go on the field? etc? Any info helps. Thanks again!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID


If i were a betting man, I would say there is not going to be a blue and white game this year. Bronco wants as little to do with the fans as possible. Especially those die hard ones.




This is the biggest crock of crap that has ever been stated on this website. Just because Bronco goes to bat for one of his players against the fans (when losers were calling for Max to be benched last year) doesn't mean that Bronco hates all fans. Bronco hates ignorant fans the boo him on his coaching debut and ignorant fans that want a 3 year starter benched because he throws a couple of interceptions. Sorry for the rant, I get irritated sometimes when people make blanket statements without any basis in fact.


I actually get the impression that Bronco has an antagonistic (if that's a word) relationship with the fans right now. Bronco deserved to be booed in his first game coached. He conceded the game by punting when we were down by two scores with time left for a comeback. I still agree with that boo. I don't agree with the idiots calling for Max to be benched though.


No one, repeat, NO ONE "deserves" to be booed in thier debut at a new job. Did you do a perfect job on your first day of your job? I didn't agree with the call and it made me mad when he did it but I would not have booed if I were in the game. Bronco is not antagonistic with BYU fans, he defends his players against everyone if you haven't noticed, it just happened to be the fans he chastised for thier lack of knowledge about what was going on with Max last year. I do think that Bronco still hurts from the booing though since he mentions it often. If I were him I would feel the same way though.
S
snoscythe
The people who were booing at that game were the people who were miffed that we didn't hire Kyle Whittingham, that's all.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
I can appreciate a coach who defends his players and puts them above fans on his priority list, I certainly would do the same. Obviously Bronco isn't pleased with each and every self-proclaimed fan, but to say that he especially doesn't like the "hardcore fans" is just off base.
M
Mars
Wickchad84087 wrote:
Bronco deserved to be booed in his first game coached. He conceded the game by punting when we were down by two scores with time left for a comeback. I still agree with that boo.

Absolutely. I was there, and I booed. It was a terrible, horrible call. Down 3-17 late in the game, at home, and he punts from mid-field. It was like he said "Listen, I don't care about trying to win this game. But thanks for buying a ticket. Now enjoy watching us run out the clock". There's no excuse for that.
F
frdbtr
Mars wrote:
Bronco deserved to be booed in his first game coached. He conceded the game by punting when we were down by two scores with time left for a comeback. I still agree with that boo.

Absolutely. I was there, and I booed. It was a terrible, horrible call. Down 3-17 late in the game, at home, and he punts from mid-field. It was like he said "Listen, I don't care about trying to win this game. But thanks for buying a ticket. Now enjoy watching us run out the clock". There's no excuse for that.


You obviously didn't hear his explanation of his thought process which was to try to pin them deep and then hold them to 3 and out to get the ball back quickly....which didn't work. He said that he admitted it was a bad call because the punter put the ball into the end zone and then BYU's defense didn't stop them from driving the field and getting a field goal. Mars, I respect your opinions most of the time but if you were one of the ones who booed Bronco on his first day, you were being classless on that day.
F
frdbtr
Schmoe wrote:
I can appreciate a coach who defends his players and puts them above fans on his priority list, I certainly would do the same. Obviously Bronco isn't pleased with each and every self-proclaimed fan, but to say that he especially doesn't like the "hardcore fans" is just off base.


I would submit that "hardcore fans" would not boo their own players and coaches, especially on their first day on the job. I was embarrassed by BYU fans when they booed Bronco, I was embarrassed by BYU fans when they booed Santiago. True BYU fans would never humiliate their own coaches and players. Hardcore fans are educated enough about the game that they would understand that sometimes players struggle, sometimes coaches don't make the correct calls. Bandwagon fans are uneducated and assume that when a player struggles it is because he is not trying hard enough and thus deserves to be booed. I thought what Bronco said last year about fans making judgements based on their education of the game was perfectly justified.
J
jonnylingo
frdbtr, you need to relax. Its no secret Bronco doesn't love the fans. Nobody likes those idiots who boo or say 'replace max'. I in fact got a yelling match with four of them at one of our games. They are morons. That said they are still the fans and they are what make the program work. Bronco doesn't respect that and he seems to take that stuff too seriously. it comes with the territory.



Trust me there will be no blue and white game. bronco will try and find any excuse possible to skip it. he goes out of the way to avoid dealing with fans.



nobody is saying that booing at our own players and yelling at them when we are at home is wrong. i hate those fans, but that is what you get when you have a high profile job. You will always have stupid fans.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
jonnylingo wrote:
frdbtr, you need to relax. Its no secret Bronco doesn't love the fans. Nobody likes those idiots who boo or say 'replace max'. I in fact got a yelling match with four of them at one of our games. They are morons. That said they are still the fans and they are what make the program work. Bronco doesn't respect that and he seems to take that stuff too seriously. it comes with the territory.



Trust me there will be no blue and white game. bronco will try and find any excuse possible to skip it. he goes out of the way to avoid dealing with fans.



nobody is saying that booing at our own players and yelling at them when we are at home is wrong. i hate those fans, but that is what you get when you have a high profile job. You will always have stupid fans.


Saying "it is no secret that Bronco avoids fans" just doesn't add up to the information that I have read in the past where he went out of his way to stay and visit with fans and their children during Fan days in the past. Saying "it is no secret that Bronco avoids fans" doesn't add up to stories I have heard 2nd hand and in the media about fans who ran into him while he was vacationing to be away from it all and yet he was courteous to them and signed autographs for them. The thing that is frustrating is how short of memories that some of you all have. Until last year when Bronco got after the fans for what was being said in the media and on message boards about Max, everyone thought he was great to the fans. Frankly, Bronco not being friendly to the fans is actually new to me. If Bronco hates fans so much wouldn't he cancel the firesides he does every week during the season since he has to interact with "fans" at those? If you say "it is no secret" I want more data then last years canceling of the blue/white game due to field conditions and last years getting after some morons that wanted to bench Max.
S
Short_Change
This is just purely my opinion, but I think the easiest way for fans to voice that they are displeased by something a player or coach is doing is by booing. A boo can mean a lot of different things. I was at Bronco's first game and I booed. Why did I boo? I was trying to voice my opinion that I did not support the call Bronco made. Did that mean I didn't support Bronco? Heck no! I've always supported him. I was back the next game cheering for Bronco and the rest of the team. How else could I have had a part in voicing my opinion to Bronco about the call he made? He most definitely didn't like it, but it definitely woke him up and made him question his own call. We understand his reasoning for why he punted but I bet he agrees that it was a stupid decision. People don't have to take boos so personal. If I were making a ton of money for coaching I would go into understanding that I could get booed and if I did I probably deserved it by making a bone-headed decision. That's just my two cents.
S
Schmoe
The boo birds don't "make the program work," it would be just fine without them.
Q
QuarterbackU
Short_Change wrote:
This is just purely my opinion, but I think the easiest way for fans to voice that they are displeased by something a player or coach is doing is by booing. A boo can mean a lot of different things. I was at Bronco's first game and I booed. Why did I boo? I was trying to voice my opinion that I did not support the call Bronco made. Did that mean I didn't support Bronco? Heck no! I've always supported him. I was back the next game cheering for Bronco and the rest of the team. How else could I have had a part in voicing my opinion to Bronco about the call he made? He most definitely didn't like it, but it definitely woke him up and made him question his own call. We understand his reasoning for why he punted but I bet he agrees that it was a stupid decision. People don't have to take boos so personal. If I were making a ton of money for coaching I would go into understanding that I could get booed and if I did I probably deserved it by making a bone-headed decision. That's just my two cents.


This is the smartest comment of them all. I 100% agree.



One thing that bothers me is that Bronco mentions the booing in that game every chance he gets.
S
Schmoe
QuarterbackU wrote:
This is just purely my opinion, but I think the easiest way for fans to voice that they are displeased by something a player or coach is doing is by booing. A boo can mean a lot of different things. I was at Bronco's first game and I booed. Why did I boo? I was trying to voice my opinion that I did not support the call Bronco made. Did that mean I didn't support Bronco? Heck no! I've always supported him. I was back the next game cheering for Bronco and the rest of the team. How else could I have had a part in voicing my opinion to Bronco about the call he made? He most definitely didn't like it, but it definitely woke him up and made him question his own call. We understand his reasoning for why he punted but I bet he agrees that it was a stupid decision. People don't have to take boos so personal. If I were making a ton of money for coaching I would go into understanding that I could get booed and if I did I probably deserved it by making a bone-headed decision. That's just my two cents.


This is the smartest comment of them all. I 100% agree.



One thing that bothers me is that Bronco mentions the booing in that game every chance he gets.


Every chance he gets? Really? C'mon now, guys, let's be a little more rational. Also, like Short Changed said, booing can mean so many different things, so it's the easiest but least effective way of voicing your opinion as a fan, it's the method of the lazy fan. Write in to your local media, write to Bronco, call in to local radio, create a blog about BYU sports, there are so many ways to voice your opinion, but to just boo? I find it not to be constructive, which good criticism should always be.
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.