S
scott715Archived Topic
Future role of BYUtv
by scott715 · 6/3/2022
Advertisement
F
FidoMakes sense. The conference has an agreement to make a certain number of games available on Big12Now on ESPN+ and will have those "same obligations" as the other teams in the conference.
There may be some tier 3 rights that BYU might have the ability to show on BYUtv, but I guess we'll have to see what the details are. But BYU will "fully participate" in the conference's TV package. I know some had criticized BYU saying they would never "give up" BYUtv now that it exists. But I'm glad BYU is being a good conference member here.
There may be some tier 3 rights that BYU might have the ability to show on BYUtv, but I guess we'll have to see what the details are. But BYU will "fully participate" in the conference's TV package. I know some had criticized BYU saying they would never "give up" BYUtv now that it exists. But I'm glad BYU is being a good conference member here.
S
scott715It will be used and televised games when it can. It will probably assist ESPN in doing broadcasts. I was surprised by the comment of rolling in the ESPN agreement into the Big12 agreement. I thought it was going away.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCougI like fitting in with other conference members. I do hope the rebroadcast rights are available for byutv.
S
scott715There is a good chance we get that with ESPN.
Advertisement
G
GuestBut BYU is so hard to work with!!!
S
scott715lol. Do you think SDSU wants us to put in a good word for them?
B
byufan4everWhat does the Big 12 TV package look like? How many different subscriptions am I going to need to watch BYU football and basketball games?
S
scott715Some content will be on ESPN+. They said each school would put 50 games on it. I assume the left overs would be on BYUtv.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.

