T
TulaneVandyRiceCougApparently the volunteers did not want to come to Provo. I am a firm believer that they would lose if they did. I think that a $2 million buyout to avoid that seems reasonable.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/33928599/tennessee-volunteers-virginia-cavaliers-open-2023-college-football-season-nashville
I also think that the average Joe east Tennessee hillbilly Vol fan will be much happier to see his team play a lesser quality opponent, either at home or much closer. This helps them "feel" like winners. After Zach to Micah, then OT, then Ty'Son's touchdown to win, I bet many UT fans left Neyland stadium that night with the idea, "I don't ever want to play BYU again." And, they made that happen.
The athletic department makes a lot of Volunteers happy with this decision. My question now is what does the BYU AD do with the extra cash?
My vote: put USU back in somehow in 2023, hire several more staff to be more on par with rest of P5, and a down payment on some suite expansions in LES.
I also think that the average Joe east Tennessee hillbilly Vol fan will be much happier to see his team play a lesser quality opponent, either at home or much closer. This helps them "feel" like winners. After Zach to Micah, then OT, then Ty'Son's touchdown to win, I bet many UT fans left Neyland stadium that night with the idea, "I don't ever want to play BYU again." And, they made that happen.
The athletic department makes a lot of Volunteers happy with this decision. My question now is what does the BYU AD do with the extra cash?
My vote: put USU back in somehow in 2023, hire several more staff to be more on par with rest of P5, and a down payment on some suite expansions in LES.

