Some may hate me for saying this, but Jimmer was not very "efficient." He was a ball hog who needed to shoot in volume in order to get into a shooting rhythm. He was very fun to watch and with that roster at that time having a ball hog who could score and even sometimes will our team to win was what we needed. But he had a lot of missed shots. Jimmer's senior season he shot 45.2% FGs and 39.6% 3FGs. Not horrible, but not what I'd call lights out. What helped him really was his ability to draw a foul and make free throws. He averaged 7.6 FTAs at 89.4%.
Sometimes I wished that Barcello would shoot more. Last season he shot 52.3% FGs and 47.7 3FGs. I'd say that makes him a better "shooter" than Jimmer, but not necessarily a better scorer. He had 3.6 FTAs at 85.6%. So far this season he is 70.3% FGs, 60.0% 3FGs, and 4.5 FTAs at 100%. Wow!
And Traore really is rebounding like someone 3-4 inches taller than he actually is. And he's just a freshman. Amazing!