Archived Topic

2021 BYU Opponents: Week 9

by Fido · 10/24/2021

Advertisement
F
Fido
BYU Opponents' Week 9 Games



Arizona (0-7) @ USC (3-4) LOST 34-41



Utah (4-3) vs UCLA (5-3) WON 44-24



Arizona State (5-2) vs Washington State (4-4) LOST 21-34



USF (2-5) @ East Carolina (3-3) LOST 14-29



Utah State (5-2) vs Hawaii (3-4) WON 51-31



Boise State (3-4) @ Colorado State (3-4) WON 28-19



#16 Baylor (6-1) vs Texas (4-3) WON 31-24



Washington State (4-4) @ Arizona State (5-2) WON 34-21



Virginia (6-2) @ #25 BYU (6-2) LOST 49-66



Idaho State (1-6) vs Weber State (3-4) LOST 17-40



Georgia Southern (2-5) vs Georgia State (3-4) LOST 14-21



USC (3-4) vs Arizona (0-7) WON 41-34





Upcoming BYU Opponents' Week 10 Games



Arizona (0-7) vs California (2-5)



Utah (4-3) @ Stanford (3-4)



Arizona State (5-2) vs USC (3-4)



USF (2-5) vs Houston (6-1)



Utah State (5-2) @ New Mexico State (1-6)



Boise State (3-4) @ Fresno State (6-2)



#16 Baylor (6-1) @ TCU (3-4)



Washington State (4-4) BYE



Virginia (6-2) BYE



Idaho State (1-6) @ #25 BYU (6-2)



Georgia Southern (2-5) vs #24 Coastal Carolina (6-1)



USC (3-4) @ Arizona State (5-2)
F
Fido
BYU secured bowl-eligibility after only 8 games of play. Baylor was the first BYU opponent to secure bowl eligibility in week 7 and Virginia joins the club in week 8. Arizona State and Utah State are 1 win away from the milestone going into week 9.
F
Fido
BYU slides back into the top 25 at #25. Baylor climbs to #16 from #20
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
I think this team can beat anyone #17-24 in the poll. Top 8 would be rough, and the middle tier would be close, but I think BYU can hang with anyone in the country. #25 feels about right, and a W against Virginia would likely mean we win out. I think we have a better chance against USC, but Virginia will be a tough game. If we go 2-0 on the remaining P5s on the schedule, this season is a huge success. Winning out I imagine we finished ranked around #15-20.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
I think this team can beat anyone #17-24 in the poll. Top 8 would be rough, and the middle tier would be close, but I think BYU can hang with anyone in the country. #25 feels about right, and a W against Virginia would likely mean we win out. I think we have a better chance against USC, but Virginia will be a tough game. If we go 2-0 on the remaining P5s on the schedule, this season is a huge success. Winning out I imagine we finished ranked around #15-20. I am ok with any of this, and only if we go 0-2 will I begin to feel like this season is a disappointment. Virginia will be tough, and maybe a toss-up game. But Virginia is not as tough as Baylor. I think we have a home field advantage that plays part in a W.



Thank goodness the bye week and a softer schedule comes after Virginia.
Advertisement
F
Fido
Updated early game results.
F
Fido
Utah State joins Baylor and Virginia as bowl eligible.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.