E
EM_PumaYes, I have always believed USU to be a "rival" to BYU. It's kind of like it has been said a lot this week locally on radio that if there is a prize (wagon wheel) that has been established between the two teams, then that makes it a rivalry game. There is obviously different levels of rivalry games. It was just that USU went quite a spell with sub-performing teams (a few decades plus). The last decade have been actually more competitive, but it is a game that gets people's blood pressure raised.
To me, it was absolutely foolworthy for USU admin to have created the scenario they did by putting their student section so close to the BYU bench. It's been established that USU fans have a bit of that same "bite" of a fan that is so anti-BYU (for religious and other reasons) that they have been and will be extremely vulgar. So USU's admin blew it with that move.
But...BYU players need to be above what some of their behavior was in the USU game near the end and ignore them. I know that's tough. Every time I get flipped off driving by someone who actually doesn't know what they are doing driving, I understand the concept of "road rage". I've been a bit more successful lately instead of returning their one finger salute to blow them a kiss--which irritates them even more (and I guess I like that), but BYU needs to be better than that behavior.
To me, it was absolutely foolworthy for USU admin to have created the scenario they did by putting their student section so close to the BYU bench. It's been established that USU fans have a bit of that same "bite" of a fan that is so anti-BYU (for religious and other reasons) that they have been and will be extremely vulgar. So USU's admin blew it with that move.
But...BYU players need to be above what some of their behavior was in the USU game near the end and ignore them. I know that's tough. Every time I get flipped off driving by someone who actually doesn't know what they are doing driving, I understand the concept of "road rage". I've been a bit more successful lately instead of returning their one finger salute to blow them a kiss--which irritates them even more (and I guess I like that), but BYU needs to be better than that behavior.

