Archived Topic

USU and BSU

by BroncoBot · 9/29/2021

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Just watched the Utah state/BSU game.



These two teams have given me ptsd recently. BUT, after watching that game, Id be disappointed if BYU doesn't win both. Especially since I'll be at the BSU game.



USU:

killed themselves with huge turnovers and bone headed plays.

Picked up a lot of yards in chunks with bonner at times looking very accurate and strong. He could have a big day if BYU is playing soft zones as USU had a lot of success against BSU's with 15-20 yard passes.



BSU:

Killed USU with Bachmeier RPO. If defense plays like they did against USF, this will be a problem.

Obviously they have a great receiver in Shakir and Bachmeier looked accurate. Our defense, when healthy would have given them fits. We'll see how it goes in 2 weeks.
F
frdbtr
I was going to post this same thing, watching the USU vs BSU game, I would be surprised if BYU doesn't beat both these teams. Neither of them are very disciplined. BYU plays like they did against ASU against these teams, we get easy wins.
F
Fido
I'm confident that BYU will come out on top. But it has been interesting to see the USU fans/Scott Garrard pick out one line from the quotes leaving context behind and then using it to claim BYU is full of pride, do not believe it is possible to lose to the Aggies and USU is not a rival. Hans Olsen even called Scott Garrard out on it during the broadcast and got the "I know...I know..." but then he kept going with the "BYU doesn't think USU is a rival" talk every chance he got. It wouldn't surprise me to see him use it as fodder for the football game broadcast. Funny to see how they look for reasons to be offended and create controversy where there really isn't much.
B
BoiseBYU
Fido wrote:

I'm confident that BYU will come out on top. But it has been interesting to see the USU fans/Scott Garrard pick out one line from the quotes leaving context behind and then using it to claim BYU is full of pride, do not believe it is possible to lose to the Aggies and USU is not a rival. Hans Olsen even called Scott Garrard out on it during the broadcast and got the "I know...I know..." but then he kept going with the "BYU doesn't think USU is a rival" talk every chance he got. It wouldn't surprise me to see him use it as fodder for the football game broadcast. Funny to see how they look for reasons to be offended and create controversy where there really isn't much.


When fans or players have to manufacture reasons to get up for a game, they’re in trouble.
F
Fido
Here is what some of the players had to say about the USU fan section who was right behind the BYU bench:


1444222697739669508
Lorenzo Fauatea: Heard every swear word you can think of, heard your momma jokes.. hell, they even made fun of my wife by name. sthu with your “classless” self


1444224035919859712
Uriah Leiataua replying: They had me shook when they started saying her name smh


1444346953727238146
Bro they were saying some of the most crudest and absurd things. It was honestly sad to hear and see. They were looking us up and talking about others wives even. Ignored it until the end, but I couldn’t hold back once the game was done. Worst student section I’ve heard from
Advertisement
F
Fido
1444160970331353096
Jarom Jordan: He went to the student section to get the sign. (Says Gunner is a stupid name)
F
frdbtr
Yeah, the USU fans are the worst I have ever seen. I watched some BYU/USU replays and the fans would boo injuries. That is the epitome of classlessness in a fan base. Even worse than the utes. I've never heard the ute crowd boo an injury.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.