Archived Topic

tuiaki

by BroncoBot · 9/13/2021

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Everyone gushing over tuiaki defense right now. And I'll admit the last 2 years he seems to be rapidly improving. My question is, where was this defense vs Utah for the past 4-5 years? Was he waiting for the utah 2021 game specifically to shock them with first and second down blitz packages, or did he simply not have the personnel in years past.



I hope we see more of the defense that we saw on saturday going forward. It was nice of him to keep it a secret vs AZ where we saw a very predictable and vanilla defense typical of tuiaki.
G
Guest
BYU did get a new LB coach with defensive coordinator experience. It may be that he is acting as a bit of a mentor or bringing in some new ideas with Tuiaki. I have no idea.
S
scott715
I think a doppelganger has taken over him. Or he has developed a split personality.
F
frdbtr
Well, I am a well documented skeptic of Tuiaki. I have hated watching his defense play, even for parts of last season even though we physically overwhelmed a lot of that schedule. I hate, hate, hate his 3 man rushes. Having said that, if he has indeed matured, or got the personnel that he needs to run a defense like we saw on Saturday, this team can be very good. That was a physical attacking defense, like we haven't seen since Bronco left. I hope it continues.
B
byufan4ever
hawkwing wrote:

BYU did get a new LB coach with defensive coordinator experience. It may be that he is acting as a bit of a mentor or bringing in some new ideas with Tuiaki. I have no idea.


Imagine a LB coach mentoring his boss the DC? LOL. I hope that this is really Tuiaki calling the shots and he has improved. But yeah, I'm not so sure that someone else isn't calling the defensive shots. Either way, I love what I see so far!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.