Archived Topic

Boise, your reputation precedes you.

by snoscythe · 2/25/2010

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Following a near record 3-inches of snow here in Waco, TX yesterday, I got to hear an interesting opinion from the always colorful checker-outer-lady at WalMart.



Upset that WalMart made her drive to work in a half-inch of slush, she told me this:



Lafawnduh said
If if I wanted to live in some crap town AND get snowed on, I would have moved to Boise, Idaho.


Nice. The lady has never been west of Waco, nor North of Dallas, but she knows a good crap town in which to be snowed upon.
B
bigbluepuma
Interesting. I grew up in Boise, and that may not be too accurate. Boise is a very clean town in a nice setting. It snows, but not a lot, and it seldom lasts long before melting off. A snow blower is a waste of time in Boise. The year after we moved there, when I was six or seven, it snowed seven inches, which was gone within 2 days. The next time we had that much (or anywhere near that much) snow, was when I was home from college for Christmas in my early to mid twenties.
M
Mars


Boise actually has the look and feel of a slightly smaller Salt Lake City. Very clean, but kind of a happening college town too. I like it. Yet I don't like SLC...
C
CougarClaw
Is this the same Lafawnduh who came to Idaho to marry Kip?
K
kiwibacon
CougarClaw wrote:
Is this the same Lafawnduh who came to Idaho to marry Kip?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
bigbluepuma wrote:
Interesting. I grew up in Boise, and that may not be too accurate. Boise is a very clean town in a nice setting. It snows, but not a lot, and it seldom lasts long before melting off. A snow blower is a waste of time in Boise. The year after we moved there, when I was six or seven, it snowed seven inches, which was gone within 2 days. The next time we had that much (or anywhere near that much) snow, was when I was home from college for Christmas in my early to mid twenties.


Boise is quite nice for a bigger city, but you have to realize that it's like the little brother of all the other cities, so we get to pick on it! :crazy:
B
bigbluepuma
Schmoe wrote:
Interesting. I grew up in Boise, and that may not be too accurate. Boise is a very clean town in a nice setting. It snows, but not a lot, and it seldom lasts long before melting off. A snow blower is a waste of time in Boise. The year after we moved there, when I was six or seven, it snowed seven inches, which was gone within 2 days. The next time we had that much (or anywhere near that much) snow, was when I was home from college for Christmas in my early to mid twenties.


Boise is quite nice for a bigger city, but you have to realize that it's like the little brother of all the other cities, so we get to pick on it! :crazy:


An interesting note; Boise is known as the small town that got big. In other words, it still has a small town feel. I guess that makes it "little brother," and I am more than happy to pick on MY little brother's team. :evil: :crazy:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.