Archived Topic

NIL at BYU

by scott715 · 7/2/2021

Advertisement
G
Guest
I've wondered about that myself!
S
SpiffCoug
I hope BYU is reviewing every NIL that's signed to make sure these kids don't get taken advantage of and get tied into bad deals.
G
Guest
I've seen contracts for some of those deals where the athlete is singing over his rights to his likeness/voice/etc. for ever and they can be rented/leased out to 3rd parties with no additional compensation to the athlete. Really disastrous contracts.
S
snoscythe
BYU is requiring the athletes to submit their agreements etc. to BYU for review before signing. "In order for us to best assist you, all student-athletes must have NIL agreements reviewed by the athletics administration prior to engaging in the NIL activity. Disclosure forms are enclosed in this policy."



I don't think BYU can forbid them from signing a bad contract (as long as it fits within the other policies) as part of that review process, but at least they will be forewarned.



https://byucougars.com/story/athletics/1296873/byu-institutes-nil-policies
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
are there any limits on the NIL deals? I don't know the specifics.
S
scott715
Hot sure, I think there are a lot of gray areas.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.