Archived Topic

11 seeds?

by tmoney35 · 3/21/2021

Advertisement
T
tmoney35
I don't claim to know a ton about basketball, but I've watched enough to know that neither MSU nor UCLA are you average 11 seeds. Really tough draw for BYU this year. PAC12 going 5-0 in the first round shows how under-seeded they all were really.



This is about as weak a moral victory as I can imagine, but at least with the huge amount of big upsets in the first round, ours probably won't be big news...
S
scott715
Well #3 Texas laid an egg tonight.
F
frdbtr
BYU was set up for this upset. I fully believe they were matched up against this particular 11 seed to be upset. Michigan state and UCLA were both way better than their seeds.
J
jadesroom
As the tournament shows, almost any team can be upset at any time. Sad, but true.
G
GAKunkel
frdbtr wrote:

BYU was set up for this upset. I fully believe they were matched up against this particular 11 seed to be upset. Michigan state and UCLA were both way better than their seeds.


I tend to agree with this and the fact they gave us a Sat game and were willing to adjust if we made it to the Sweet 16 so we didn't have to play on Sunday kind of supports the idea of a setup. Basically, the committee dared us to win.



Our Net score was good, we complain about lower than deserved seeding because of Sunday play, etc., so the committee put us against two teams that probably deserved higher seeds and told us to prove it. We didn't. We shouldn't complain about poor seeding until we start winning post season games.



Now, I will say this, we should of beat UCLA. Kolby Lee dropped 13 on them last year but sits the bench. Meanwhile Haarms and Harward are barely even able to grab a rebound.



We got no scoring from the wings and our second best three point shooter rides the pine all game. Poorly coached game by Pope. Team was not prepared.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Based on all the upsets so far, the Selection Committee did a really bad job at seeding this year.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.