Archived Topic

Ethan M talks about his mission

by scott715 · 2/20/2010

Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
scott715 wrote:
http://www.cougarboard.com/nologin/message.html?id=5276426


nice post. Not much to do with football, but glad to see how much he learned. Missions are such awesome experiences. When you're surrounded by people like that at BYU, hard to believe ANYONE ends up NOT going...
K
kfilly20
to be completely honest, i went on a mission and i learned that just because you are a missionary, doesn't mean you are a good person. Just because you go on a mission does not mean you are a good person. But I drink, dont go to church, and cheer for BYU so loud that it doesnt matter. Go cougs! Go on a mission! go do whatever makes you happy.
A
Anonymous
kfilly20 wrote:
to be completely honest, i went on a mission and i learned that just because you are a missionary, doesn't mean you are a good person. Just because you go on a mission does not mean you are a good person. But I drink, dont go to church, and cheer for BYU so loud that it doesnt matter. Go cougs! Go on a mission! go do whatever makes you happy.

Yes. Missions can be overated. Their like anything you get out of them what you put in. A lot boys go as lazy old s.o.b.'s and come back the same. Others come back transformed into far better people.

Anyway congratulations on having the courage to make some tough lifestyle changes post-mission. Hey if your happy with the changes, more power to you man!
S
scott715
Missions are great opportunity. They can increase your capabilities. Personally I didn't take advantage of it. Anyway they are not the end all of end all. There are opportunities after the mission. Fortunaly I took advantage of many of those. I saw my stake mission as a second chance and put in more effort than the first time.
Advertisement
I
Iceman
Of all the RMs I am most excited about Manumaleuna! This kid is special! I can't wait to see him eating up the offenses again!
S
stgeorgefan
Byu football is a missionary. Bronco has fufilled the university's mission statement. Being a huge Byu fan, being on Cougarblue, and now here and keeping close taps on Byu sports for the last 10 years, I have been able to go back to church. It's stories/posts like these that help former jack mormans like myself see a different side of life. I to was the drinker, did drugs, did just about anything bad, I can seriously say that following Byu has had the greatest impact on me slowly turn things around.( ya my wife and daughter help too!)

Sorry to bear my testimony of the Byu here, I just thought it went along with Ethan's talk. Cheers!
G
Guest
stgeorgefan wrote:
Byu football is a missionary. Bronco has fufilled the university's mission statement. Being a huge Byu, being on Cougarblue, and now here and keeping close taps on Byu sports for the last 10 years, I have been able to go back to church. It's stories/posts like these that help former jack mormans like myself see a different side of life. I to was the drinker, did drugs, did just about anything bad, I can seriously say that following Byu has had the greatest impact on me slowly turn things around.( ya my wife and daughter help too!)

Sorry to bear my testimony of the Byu here, I just thought it went along with Ethan's talk. Cheers!


It's exactly for reasons like this that Football is down the list of priorities for the team, yes, we want to win every game we play in, but never at the expense of helping a fan like stgeorgefan or any number of the rest of us!
Advertisement
M
Mars
stgeorgefan wrote:
I to was the drinker, did drugs, did just about anything bad, I can seriously say that following Byu has had the greatest impact on me slowly turn things around.( ya my wife and daughter help too!) Sorry to bear my testimony of the Byu here, I just thought it went along with Ethan's talk. Cheers!
I just assumed all that when I read the "St. George" part of your username. ;)

Just kidding!



Welcome to CougarCorner and thanks for the great post!
S
stgeorgefan
Mars wrote:
I to was the drinker, did drugs, did just about anything bad, I can seriously say that following Byu has had the greatest impact on me slowly turn things around.( ya my wife and daughter help too!) Sorry to bear my testimony of the Byu here, I just thought it went along with Ethan's talk. Cheers!
I just assumed all that when I read the "St. George" part of your username. ;)

Just kidding!



Welcome to CougarCorner and thanks for the great post!

Stgeorge is in my name because I lived there in 2004 when I got into cougarblue. I would have to be a tiny bopper to be using st george to describe my old partying days. I know your post was TIC, but I felt i'd put it in anyway. Thanks for the welcome, I hope to add positive input to cougarcorner. It kinda sucked posting on cougarblue and never having a response :crazy: I must have been offline for awhile to miss out on when cougarcorner was created. Glad to be here.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.