Archived Topic

BYU Basketball After Non-Conference Play

by byufan4ever · 12/24/2020

Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
I have to admit, I was a bit worried early on in the season. USC was projected to be a mid PAC team and we shouldn't have lost to Boise St. at home although there wasn't much of a home court advantage. There were so many new comers and the rotations/substitutions just seemed really off. However, we found our mojo against Utah I'm liking the energy that we have heading into conference play.



Our Net ranking according to warennolan.com is #9!
Net Ranking 2020-12-21.PNG

Here is what our resume looks like going into conference play:
BYU Resume 2020-12-24.PNG

And here are the WCC standings:
WCC Standings 2020-12-24.PNG

There needs to be zero Q4 slip ups and for every Q3 loss I'd say we need two Q1 wins. So far so good!
S
scott715
7 teams in the top 150 bodes well for the conference
G
GAKunkel
I think the USC game was a good wake up call. The team is gelling. Pope seems to have a rotation figured out that works. Turnovers are killing us, though. We're one of the worst in the nation when it comes to turnovers, clean that up and we'll be a hard team to beat.



I don't see us beating Gonzaga. Everyone else in the league is beatable.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.