Archived Topic

Call to Boycott of the P5 bowl games.

by scott715 · 12/21/2020

Advertisement
S
scott715
Don't like the rigged system, then don't watch their games. Poor ratings and less money is the only thing they will listen to. Now BYU can not support this as they can't bit the ESPN hand that feeds them. So it has to be fan driven. All of the other G5 schools should buy into this. Sun Belt and AAC especially. If you are in, post on social media. I will do one tonight and share it. Share yours here.



The media have been very vocal this year of the system. A boycott will make the ESPN heads to change their toon. But change has to start someplace.
B
BoiseBYU
I do not know if I need to boycott, because I am simply not interested in watching. I mean who wants to watch a rigged system anyway?
S
scott715
College Football Playoff.png
N
nuk13
If by rigged system you mean Alabama, Ohio State and about 10 other teams year in and year out I'm with you. They seemed upset in 84 when BYU won the national championship. I don't like complaining about referees but there were some strange no calls in the Coastal Carolina game. What would they have done with another undefeated BYU team coming to the SEC, PAC 12 and Big 10 party, let alone beating one of them? With the defeat they were able to put the Cougars in a barely known bowl.



I just went to Coastal Carolina's sight. While I don't like what happened in our game with them their president has penned a letter complaining about the lack of fairness in college football. In spite of their undefeated record they are ranked far enough down so they don't have to deal with them. It's the same deal with Cincinnati.
Advertisement
K
KingCoug
I'll say it again. the The CFP Committee, P5 conference commissioners, and the athletic directors of every P5 school should be arrested and charged with conspiracy and restraint of trade.
S
scott715
I have debated for awhile about emailing the committee members and sharing my thoughts. Not sure it that is a good idea. I have emails or Twitter addresses for most of the 13 members. What do you think?
G
Guest
I don't think they would care.
Advertisement
N
nuk13
I didn't even know who won their national championship until I looked it up today. Scott's links says the viewership was down 27%.



I'd like to see the rest of college football form a new association. Let Alabama, Ohio State and a few other schools play themselves and let the rest of us have a far more fair and association.
N
nuk13
nuk13 wrote:

I didn't even know who won their national championship until I looked it up today. Scott's links says the viewership was down 27%.



I'd like to see the rest of college football form a new association. Let Alabama, Ohio State and a few other schools play themselves and let the rest of us have a far more fair and association.

I just looked up Ohio State. Their sixth game was the loss to Alabama for their national championship!
S
snoscythe
nuk13 wrote:


I didn't even know who won their national championship until I looked it up today. Scott's links says the viewership was down 27%.



I'd like to see the rest of college football form a new association. Let Alabama, Ohio State and a few other schools play themselves and let the rest of us have a far more fair and association.

I just looked up Ohio State. Their sixth game was the loss to Alabama for their national championship!


Crazy how they managed to go 7-1 on the season....
E
E-Zone15
snoscythe wrote:


nuk13 wrote:

I didn't even know who won their national championship until I looked it up today. Scott's links says the viewership was down 27%.



I'd like to see the rest of college football form a new association. Let Alabama, Ohio State and a few other schools play themselves and let the rest of us have a far more fair and association.

I just looked up Ohio State. Their sixth game was the loss to Alabama for their national championship!


Crazy how they managed to go 7-1 on the season....


1-0 10/24 Nebraska W 52-17

2-0 10/31 @Penn St W 38-25

3-0 11/7 Rutgers W 49-27

4-0 11/21 Indiana W 42-35

5-0 12/5 @Michigan St W 52-12

6-0 12/19 Northwestern W 22-10

7-0 1/1/21 Clemson W 49-28

7-1 1/11/21 Alabama L 24-52



Their 6th game was the Big 10 championship game against Northwestern. That is the game that the Big 10 change the rules they set earlier in the year were you needed to play at least 6 Big 10 games in order to play in the championship game (moved it from 6 to 5, just for Ohio St).
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.