Archived Topic

CFP Selection Committee a joke

by EM_Puma · 12/17/2020

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
https://twitter.com/NicoleAuerbach/status/1339418038530093057



AAC commissioner Mike Aresco goes ballistic today on Twitter. I like to see a spade called a spade.



Actually, I hadn't looked at the polls after BYU's fall after the CCU game. I just looked now and was shocked to see that Florida, who lost at home Saturday to 4-5 LSU (only 3-5 at the time), only dropped one spot in the CFP rankings, while Miami, who lost at home to a top 25 ranked team dropped 8. Tell me there was no bias there? I'm not arguing Miami shouldn't have been dropped a bit, but there is no reasonable explanation for such a farce.



It is embarrassing for that committee to have Cincinnati 8-0 drop a spot to #9. Wow.



Besides being an ardent BYU fan, I'm a life-long Buckeyes fan. I've seen every game of theirs this season and two of Cincinnati's. I believe that Cincinnati could take it to OSU. Just my opinion, but I just don't believe Ohio State, even if they beat Northwestern this weekend and end up 6-0, have shown enough to justify being ranked in the top 4.



There simply has to be a remedy to this situation. It's never been, in my opinion, as blatantly biased as it has this year. Iowa State with a 31-14 loss to Louisiana at home and 2 losses in total ranked #6 is another embarrassment. It's so obvious that they HAD to put someone from Big12 high just because they had to have someone in the top 10. Simply sin verguenza!
S
scott715
It is not an eye test but a name test. And it is ruining the game. The best players go to just a handful of teams to remove parity.



I am sick of it and refuse to watch the playoff or NY6 games. Cincinnati is the exception. If enough people did that to hurt the ratings maybe something would change.
E
EM_Puma
What is so hilarious is the talk all season by media about teams like BYU and Cincinnati actually projecting to have a chance to play in the CFP, when the reality is that they were talking about how things should be and not the reality of how the current situation is. It's obvious that so many people see the charade, but nothing is done. Very sad. The NCAA knows they have ZERO power over the current situation.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.