I've been both unimpressed and impressed so far this season. Pope brought in a TON of new players. I think that I mentioned before that I was worried about synergy. Early on Pope was playing way too many players often subbing people in and out after just a minute or two. I think Pope has found his best players. The minutes that we saw in the Utah game IMO should be what we seeing going forward taking into account a player going hot/cold and practicing good/bad.
Barcello - 33 minutes - could probably play more. He's our rock and I love his attitude
Johnson - 27 minutes - he won't shoot well every night, but his defense will keep him on the floor (although I don't think it's quite as good as the BYUTV announcers were making it out to be)
Harding - 26 minutes - I said before the season that I thought he COULD be the man to step up. Hasn't yet, at least not offensively. BYUTV said that his goal was to be the best defensive player in the WCC. That's great, but I want to see a little bit more offensive focus from him as well because I think he can.
Lohner - 22 minutes - personally I think too many minutes for a true freshman. I love his hustle, but he just looks lost out there.
Harwood - 20 minutes - give the BEAST some more minutes! He was not playing well at the beginning of the season, but the last game and half he has just been in beast mode. Very physical, I love it!
Haarms - 18 minutes - not a bad player, but over rated or over hyped maybe? Looks like a bean pole and not physical enough.
Lee - 18 minutes - If Haarms is not going to be physical and give it 100% give his minutes to Lee. The only player on the team that really knows how to set a screen.
Averette - 17 minutes - still think he's the best ball handler, but just doesn't seem like a team player. Goes for steals but misses too often.
Knell - 17 minutes - doesn't know what to do if he doesn't have a wide open 3. I would say less minutes, but which guard do we give them to?
George - 2 minutes - needs to earn more PT
I don't want to see the rest of the bench unless someone is injured or we are up/down by 20 points.